Creative Director, ABC (Promo)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 854963BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ABC Entertainment Date posted Sep. 17, 2021
Sound like you? Read on.
Reporting to the Vice President, Creative of ABC Entertainment Marketing, and partnering with Digital Creative, Strategy, Production, Digital Media, Brand/Franchise Management, Publicity, Consumer Insights and Current Programming, this individual will co-lead the Creative Marketing team supporting ABC daytime, primetime and live events/specials.
- Oversee on-air, off-air, radio and digital promotion for ABC shows and specials
- Lead an in-house team of Writer/Producers and Associate Producers to execute 360 marketing campaigns
- Manage and supervise projects with multiple outside vendors
- Review work, troubleshoot and provide feedback to creative teams
- Collaborate with internal partners to develop and inspire promotions that inform and entertain
- Uphold the highest level of standards to maintain accuracy and proficiency for all work from concept to completion
- Work within established brand guidelines, having extensive knowledge of brand promotions
- Respond to research and analytical data to create compelling, targeted marketing materials
- Actively hire, train, cultivate and inspire the career development of creative staff
In addition to the day to day work, this individual will have the opportunity to work on ProSocial campaigns, PSA content and campaigns which explore the diversity and inclusion work that The Walt Disney Company is so strongly committed with the focus and intent to encourage people from every nation, race/ethnicity, believe, gender, sexual identity, disability and culture to feel respected and valued for their unique contributions to our businesses.
- 6+ years of proven experience managing the overall creative and production process and a staff of creative people.
- 3+years experience managing direct reports.
- Has overseen and juggled a large volume of multi-level creative projects and strategy development
- Demonstrated creative strategic ability – from concept to final execution for launch campaigns, stunts, sustain campaigns
- Skilled in managing live-action shoots, inclusive of talent management
- Independent thinker and able to liaison with a strong sense of organization and tactical thoughts with production, brand strategy and design teams
- A proven understanding of deadlines for strategy, planning processes and creative team
- Has mobilized and managed a highly diverse team of creatives with diverse personalities
- Able to communicate with clear direction across multiple LOBs utilizing strong, persuasive presentation skills
- Please note that this role is not remote.
- Expertise in social media content development and other digital media platforms
- Expertise in budget management
- Collaborative management style and comfortable in navigating a highly matrixed organization
- Knowledge of The Bachelor franchise of shows a plus
- Bachelor’s degree or 15+ creative years within the media / entertainment space
About ABC Entertainment:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ABC Entertainment,General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.