Creative Executive, StreamingApply NowApply Later Job ID 789308BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted May 01, 2021
Disney’s live-action legacy dates back to its first completely live-action film, “Treasure Island” in 1950, and its collaborations with renowned artists and filmmakers have resulted in some of the most successful and unforgettable family films in history. Across pirate-laden high seas or down a mysterious rabbit hole, the studio brings powerful storytellers together with leading-edge technology to produce a wide range of films for theatrical release and streaming that are uniquely Disney, from the beloved “Pirates of the Caribbean” films, to an immensely popular collection of live-action reimaginings of classic tales – including “Alice in Wonderland,” “Maleficent,” “The Jungle Book,” “Beauty and the Beast,” “The Lion King,” “Mary Poppins Returns,” “Lady and the Tramp,” and “Mulan” – to uplifting, character-driven stories such as “Queen of Katwe,” “Togo,” “Stargirl,” and “Timmy Failure: Mistakes Were Made.”
We have an exciting Creative Executive opportunity open with the Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production team. This individual will be responsible for supporting all aspects of streaming creative development.
- Sources and assesses creative submissions and identifies concepts that work well with the Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production Streaming vision
- Collaborates with senior production executives to develop projects from idea through the production process
- Builds and maintains relationships with outside sources, creative community and internal creative counterparts
- Identifies up and coming talent, not necessarily established talent thru traditional and nontraditional research methods; inclusive of new and emerging technologies
- 1-3 years’ experience in a Creative Executive capacity or related role within a studio or production company
- Proven ability to successfully source and assess potential creative concepts for production
- Solid knowledge of the film production process
- Strong interest in animation content
- Proven experience providing deep, concise and constructive notes
- In-depth experience identifying & working with Talent (writers, directors, producers, actors)
- Ability to access strong story lines and marketability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with varied levels of mgmt, talent and staff.
- Highly organized with excellent follow through
- Understands the global and multicultural audience and how to adapt content to appeal to a wide audience
- Ability to negotiate and effectively reach resolution
- BA or MFA in Film or related field
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.