Creative ExecutiveApply NowApply Later Job ID 824880BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Aug. 19, 2021
20th Century is seeking a Creative Executive to reporting to the President, 20th Century Studios. This individual will be responsible for supporting all aspects of film creative development.
- Sources and assesses creative submissions and identifies concepts that work well with the 20th Century Studios’ vision
- Collaborates with senior production executives to develop projects from idea through the production process and works as a junior in independently handling work and meetings
- Builds and maintains relationships with outside sources, creative community and internal creative counterparts
- Generates clear and cogent verbal and written feedback on all story materials through all phases of development and production on assigned projects.
- Identifies up and coming talent, not necessarily established talent, thru traditional and nontraditional research methods; inclusive of new and emerging technologies
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a Creative Executive capacity or related role within a studio or production company
- Proven ability to successfully source and assess potential creative concepts for production
- Solid knowledge of the film production process
- Proven experience providing deep, concise and constructive notes
- In-depth experience identifying & working with Talent (writers, directors, producers, actors)
- Ability to access strong story lines and marketability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to interface with varied levels of mgmt, talent and staff.
- Highly organized with excellent follow through
- Understands the global and multicultural audience and how to adapt content to appeal to a wide audience
- Ability to negotiate and effectively reach resolution
- BA or MFA in Film or related field
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.