Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Creative Marketing Internship, ABC Daytime Content (CA), Spring 2020Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 712000BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 28, 2019
ABC Entertainment Marketing is responsible for the promotion of all ABC Television network primetime, daytime, and late night entertainment programming. Part of that promotion includes outdoor and print advertising as well as on-air promos, among other items.
Responsibilities:A day in the life…
- Work with writers/producers/creative directors and team leader on creative projects
- Edit your own promos or content for digital and social media to help promote ABC line up of shows
- Come up with fresh ideas and be able to discuss with creative directors on various types of projects
- Mix and blend with the Entertainment Marketing Group on all levels, strategy, digital and creative
- Be a vital part of the group to help push the creative envelope for the success of ABC Entertainment Marketing
- Creative copy writing to help forward story telling in promotion
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role…
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Proficiency with non-linear editing platforms – (Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premier or Avid) preferably with some examples of editing work using these tools
- Proficient skills in Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Flexibility with hours and last minute changes
- A willingness to take on new projects and take direction from creative directors
- Bring new thoughts and creative ideas to brainstorm show launches and campaigns
- Knowledge of music to help drive creative for campaigns and launches
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Preference for candidates majoring in Marketing/Advertising, Film/TV Production, Public Relations, Journalism or other creative writing areas
- Senior or recent Graduate
- All candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
- All candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- All candidates must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class – OR – be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months - OR - be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program in order to qualify for this internship.
- All candidates must be able to work in the Hollywood office and provide their own housing and transportation for the duration of the internship.
- All candidates must be available from January 2020 - May 2020
- All candidates must be willing to work 40 hours/week
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later