Designer I - Animation, Graphics Innovation & Production DesignApply NowApply Later Job ID 877286BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ESPN Date posted Jan. 13, 2022
- Utilizes Adobe Suite and Cinema4D to create designs/animations for daily shows and long-range assignments.
- Creates and develops graphics for studio shows and remote events including daily show production design.
- Creates and evolves graphics looks for studio and remote productions.
- Translates project details and creative direction into custom design, animation, and layout solutions.
- Participates on special assignments such as in-house/off-site training and technical support for packagers, remote freelancers, and vendors.
- Displays ability to research and answer technical questions with respect to design/animation techniques or systems in use.
- Demonstrates eagerness to regularly contribute creative ideas, desire to push designs/animations to the next level, and aptitude to learn new software to enhance individual versatility in the department, including AE Script, Java, VB or equivalent scripting functions and logic
- Adheres to proper file management techniques to ensure efficient archiving and subsequent retrieval of projects.
- Recognizes, reports, and helps troubleshoot equipment/software/work environment issues.
- Adheres to all administrative responsibilities, including time entry and daily reporting requirements.
- Participates in at least 32 hours of supplemental training/shadowing each year to promote personal growth and understanding of other ESPN departments and workflows.
- Maintains high standards of efficiency, consistency, accuracy, creativity and timely delivery of all requests.
- Must be highly motivated, work well under pressure, and regularly effectively prioritize multiple assignments.
- Possesses strong individual and team communication skills with the ability to take direction well.
- Displays keen attention to detail, spelling and grammar.
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Adobe AfterEffects.
- Online portfolio/demo reel showcasing your creativity, design and type layout skills.
- Reliable work-from-home setup (personal laptop or desktop with reliable internet connection).
- Reliable means of transportation for when on-site work is required.
- Required to work flexible hours and days as assignments dictate including weekends, nights and holidays.
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on design/graphics/animation/motion experience in a major TV market.
- Hands-on experience with Adobe AfterEffects, Photoshop & Illustrator.
- Passion for sports and familiarity with ESPN programming
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.