Digital Asset Assistant (PH)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10017549 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 15, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Recognizing the unique and enduring creative legacy started by Walt Disney, the Walt Disney Archives was established in 1970 to collect, preserve and make available for research the historical materials relating to Walt and the company he founded.
As the Walt Disney Archives (a part of the Disney Corporate Communications team) grows and expands its services, collections, programs, and outreach, to both internal and external clients and employees companywide, the department is seeking an enthusiastic, forward-thinking, motivated professional eager to join their team.
Working as a Project Hire within the Photo Library, the Digital Asset Assistant will work to help ingest digital artwork, photography, documents and video content into the department’s digital asset management system. This role will support overall efforts to provide digital access to historical materials for requests made from around the company. This position is a long-term temporary assignment with no guarantee of placement.
- Facilitate the organization of digital materials from the Archives’ digital backlog and Digital Asset Management (DAM) system; includes review of material stored on servers and discs.
- Generate spreadsheets of data related to art and photographic assets.
- Perform descriptive cataloging and metadata tagging with the DAM system. Adhere to data governance standards and procedures established for the WDA and provide suggestions for continued evolution of standards and procedures.
- Quality control ingests once completed.
- Inventory and data entry projects of art and photographic assets.
- Prepare physical materials for digitization.
- Produce metrics and reports for leadership.
- Assist with data migration projects and ensure a consistent information quality approach is followed across the organization.
- Previous experience (1-3 years) working with digital media assets.
- Previous experience (1-3 years) with relational databases.
- Experience working in a photo lab preferred.
- Experience working on a digitization project preferred.
- Experience with Photoshop, Adobe Bridge and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience with Microsoft Suite.
- Experience with database structures and data management.
- Familiarity with linked data concepts and technologies.
- Familiarity with film and television industries; Knowledge of cinema history.
- Familiarity and knowledge of The Walt Disney Company, and its associated brands and affiliates, both past and present, a plus.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Ability to problem-solve and manage various projects simultaneously and successfully.
- Strong written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related historical field required; preferred MLIS from an ALA-accredited library school.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.