Director, Awards (FX)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10056725 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business FX Networks Date posted Aug. 02, 2023
FX is seeking a Director, Awards to manage award entry submissions and serve as the primary network liaison for awards entities. This role works closely with the SVP of Creative Services on awards campaigns, managing timelines and approvals for campaign creative and associated materials.
- Serve as the key point of contact managing annual awards submissions to execute across all awards opportunities.
- Primary liaison between agencies, producers, and crew regarding submission requirements and strategy.
- Maintain and grow relationships with all awards and guild organizations and their members.
- Oversee process, timeline, and approvals for all awards FYC communications.
- Work with SVP on all campaign aspects along with FX creative team, executives, and media partners.
- Responsible for overseeing department assistant’s workflow on awards-related needs.
- Collaborate with FX Events and Talent Relations teams on awards events.
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience managing awards campaigns.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to work well under pressure and with various personalities tactfully.
- Must be detail-oriented, able to multi-task, and able to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines and changing priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Some weekends and nights may be required in assisting with events.
- Specialty in submissions and awards rules and regulations is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in Los Angeles, CA is $131,680.00 to $181,060.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About FX Networks:
FX, a division of Disney General Entertainment, is a multiplatform brand that develops, produces, commissions and markets original programming for Hulu and the FX and FXX linear channels in the U.S., and Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other international territories. The FX brand mark appears above the title across its entire slate of originals. Over the past two decades, FX has been responsible for some the most-critically acclaimed and award-winning shows on television. Some of the brand’s current and legacy titles include the dramas American Horror Story, American Crime Story, The Americans, Damages, Fargo, Justified, Nip/Tuck, Pose, Rescue Me, The Shield and Sons of Anarchy; the comedies Archer, Atlanta, Better Things, DAVE, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Reservation Dogs and What We Do in the Shadows; and a growing slate of docuseries and documentary films.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call FX Networks.
FX Networks, LLC PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.