Director, Current Series (FX Networks)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 987015BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business FX Networks Date posted May 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Manage projects in pre-production, production, and post-production and give creative notes on outlines, scripts, and rough cuts.
- Oversee the departmental development report, budgets, production pipelines, and the projects it encompasses.
- Coordinate with other FX Content departments and Disney General Entertainment on concerns relating to FX’s original programming.
- Evaluate writers/directors/producers and material for possible projects for FX original programming.
- Oversee communication with the Diversity & Inclusion teams.
- Minimum 5 years of entertainment experience required
- Minimum 1 year of Manager level experience in either production management, development or current programming required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically with creative talent as well as all levels of corporate management
- Ability to assess creative merit in written and visual material
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrated decision-making autonomy
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
About FX Networks:
FX, a division of Disney General Entertainment, is a multiplatform brand that develops, produces, commissions and markets original programming for Hulu and the FX and FXX linear channels in the U.S., and Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other international territories. The FX brand mark appears above the title across its entire slate of originals. Over the past two decades, FX has been responsible for some the most-critically acclaimed and award-winning shows on television. Some of the brand’s current and legacy titles include the dramas American Horror Story, American Crime Story, The Americans, Damages, Fargo, Justified, Nip/Tuck, Pose, Rescue Me, The Shield and Sons of Anarchy; the comedies Archer, Atlanta, Better Things, DAVE, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Reservation Dogs and What We Do in the Shadows; and a growing slate of docuseries and documentary films.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call FX Networks.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.