Director - FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID R10013559 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Twentieth Television Date posted May 03, 2022
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYTwentieth TelevisionWe are a collection of enduring brands and iconic, unforgettable characters. We create content for audiences big and small, reaching billions of people every day. Most of all, we are many individuals, each uniquely talented, each a critical piece to our puzzle, who collectively become a power. Desire to thrill and engage? Join us as we engage and inspire.
The Director, Finance (TTV Studios) will interface with Domestic and International Distribution partners, Production Finance, and Operational teams for TTV Studios to best support their overall objectives. The director will manage the preparation of the Annual Operating Plan and Forecasts. The individual must be comfortable working directly with various groups across The Walt Disney Company, as well as senior management. The candidate will also support special projects on an ad-hoc basis. Position requires excellent systems, communication and time management skills, as well as an acute attention to detail.
This position reports to the Vice President, TTV Finance.
- Coordinate and manage the financial review, consolidation and analysis of forecasts and annual operating plans
- Review and analyze ultimates for television series, including those with co-production financing arrangements
- Monthly & quarterly reporting of ultimates and APR rates including working with outside auditors
- Assist with annual 5-year planning of p&l and cash flow
- Support the Disney Corporate team in the overall TWDC financial planning process
- Support team with analysis of financial deal terms to improve decision making and profitability
- Prepare forecast presentations and ad hoc analyses for senior management
- Stay informed and engaged in current landscape of the television industry including new trends in the marketplace
- Manage a professional staff of 1 to 3 people, includes supporting the FP&A team to improve department and segment wide processes, resolve issues, and achieve team goals and objectives
- Minimum of 10+ years relevant work experience
- Previous work experience in television or feature film FP&A is a plus
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- B.S. degree in Accounting, Finance, or Economics
- MBA or CPA preferred
- Strong work ethic with the ability to prioritize and resolve an array of issues simultaneously
- Proven ability to manage and develop teams
- Proactive analytical approach to problem solving
- Strong technical skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Experience with Hyperion, Cognos, and SAP is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Twentieth Television:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, which is part of a business we call Twentieth Television.
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.