Already applied?View Dashboard
Director, Production Budgeting & EstimatingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 723211BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 06, 2019
This position is responsible for budgeting and Estimating within the Motion Picture Production Group focused on Fox, Fox Searchlight and Fox Family Films.
- Manage the overall Budgeting department activities and provide oversight on all budgeting and financial analysis, in-house as well as third party.
- Partner closely with Producers to develop preliminary production plan and budget scenarios and report timely and accurate information back to the studio Production and Finance executives.
- Assist senior executives in the day-to-day management of films including oversight on cost reporting and the anticipation of potential financial impacts.
- Manage and prepare ad hoc reports, presentations and special initiatives for senior studio leadership.
- Partner with studio Legal/Business Affairs, Risk Management, Labor Relations and Contract Administration to ensure current and accurate budgeting.
- Create feature film production budgets and cash flows for projects in development and pre-production.
- Develop relationships with Film Commissions, CPA audit firms, Accountants, Producers and Payroll Companies to build resources and networks and help ensure that all Production Finance processes are current.
- Research, develop and test new technologies and analytical frameworks to provide the next generation of production finance tools and determine how best to incorporate them into the department.
- Keep abreast of current and changing industry trends, evolving technologies and global production matters.
- Minimum of 5-10 years of production accounting or finance experience required. Field/Location experience preferred
- Strong financial modeling and analytical abilities
- Highly collaborative with strong interpersonal and project management skills
- Attention to detail, desire for accuracy, and a strong sense of urgency
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts, think strategically, solve problems, and implement solutions
- Proficiency with Movie Magic Budgeting, SAP, GlobalVista/PSL3, Excel, PowerPoint
- Film production-related experience required
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later