Director, Strategic Operations
Los Angeles, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 867007BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 29, 2021
Job Summary:The Director, Strategic Operations, supports the EVP & Chief Technology Officer of the Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution segment for The Walt Disney Company in driving organizational strategy and performance. This role will have a high degree of visibility and responsibility to understand, articulate, and execute key strategic initiatives and projects. The ideal candidate possesses strategic, analytical, interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.
- Support the CTO with facilitating the execution of organizational priorities through coordination, communications and project management
- Lead and manage strategic projects, working with internal and external stakeholders to drive projects to completion
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis (financial, strategic, operational) and advise the CTO with concise, specific metrics and recommendations
- Understand priorities and dependencies, as well as short term strategies, lay out project plans and drive consistent strategy articulation
- Provide ongoing status updates, track work-streams and ensure progress is being made and deadlines are met
- Manage the project/strategy/planning/status communications for DMED Technology including design and development of Sr. Executive presentations
- Act as an integration point for implementation of HR processes and business activities. Ensure coordination of common connection points and integration with key functional partners (HR, Finance, Communications, Talent Acquisition, etc.)
- Oversee initiatives related to organization’s culture, including recognition & events, town halls, technology events, and community relations development
- Work in partnership to design and execute work sessions and sr. leadership meetings
- Manages the planning process for continuity and succession for all management within Technology
- Accompany CTO to critical business meetings to ensure appropriate support and follow up
- Travel as necessary to meetings and events, to provide advanced prep to ensure trips are productive and meet the business objectives
- When needed, confirm objectives for meetings, recommend participants, confirm participants are prepared, and provide background to the CTO
- During meetings, capture major takeaways and work with the team to ensure follow up
- Coordinate with/supervise the administrative support for the CTO, ensuring that work and schedules are in alignment with critical priorities
- Plan and execute senior team events
- Works effectively with other executives and team members throughout Disney
- Dive deep to continuously improve insight into service performance and financials, keeping a constant pulse on areas of opportunities and/or risks
- Manage planning including roadmap deliverables
- Provide ongoing insight to status, work-stream tracking and ensure progress is being made and deadlines are met
- Partners with internal leaders and resources in support of organizational priorities and projects
- Conducts pulse checks deeper within the organization to understand needs and current challenges
- Lead partnerships across internal and external partners for Technology and CTO
- Execute projects with strategic technology partners through the industry on behalf of CTO and Technology division
- Manage major 3rd party partner relationships and projects (Apple, Twitter, Facebook, Google, Sony, etc.)
- Manage relationships across TDWC organization to advance key technology initiatives
- Minimum of 7 - 10 years of progressive work experience; preferable in a Technology organization
- Minimum of 2 - 5 years of experience leading teams
- Strong planning, scheduling, and organization skills with the ability to drive projects to completion
- Excellent analytical, diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence in the absence of direct control
- Demonstrated ability to network extensively and build successful relationships internally and externally at all levels of management
- Demonstrated deep commitment to personal character, optimism, and professional excellence
- Expert project management skills with a track record of driving results
- Highly detail oriented, strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and adjust quickly to shifting priorities and ambiguity
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm, composed and purpose driven under stress and uncertainty
- Demonstrated ability to maintain standards of strict confidentiality with respect to all matters and documents to include but not limited to data, conversations, information, etc.
- Ability to function effectively in a highly charged executive environment, and the ability to discern when to act independently, while representing the CTO office
- Excellent communication skills in presenting complex information to a variety of audiences
- Ability to be self-reliant, self-motivated and resourceful to lead processes that may not be clearly defined and are constantly evolving with an action-oriented mindset
- Strong written, presentation and oral communication skills for developing high-level presentations for senior executive audiences
- Ability to work strategically and collaboratively across departments
- Demonstrated business and technology savviness, confidence and relationship management skills to interface with all levels of the Disney organization
- Strong digital communication savviness e.g. social media. etc.
- Demonstrated enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short term and long-term challenges
Required EducationBS or equivalent experience
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.