Distribution Operations Associate-VODApply NowApply Later Job ID 959190BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 11, 2022
- Determine which assets need new artwork based on streaming schedule provided by Network Programming Teams.
- Communicate with internal DMED Teams when media is expected to be delivered.
- Metadata Update Management.
- Determine and notify Programming of returning movies/shows that need a revision number assigned for delivery.
- Source images for new assets from production studios and resize images to specifications.
- Manage complete processing and distribution of all episodic and theatrical content coming from internal distribution systems into external aggregation partners.
- Select and export a scene still for each episode thumbnail and crop/resize in Photoshop.
- Quality control and troubleshoot video assets and any front-facing production issues on Network Platforms as well as any internal content management system blockers ensuring 100% quality of video, audio, closed captions, and metadata.
- Work with cross-functional teams within the company and external vendors on a daily basis.
- Communicate assigned project status and key issues to stakeholders, including senior management.
- Working experience using MPX or another video CMS, Aspera, Box, FTP and Photoshop.
- Strict attention to detail with regard to distribution policies, video quality and asset management for the lifecycle of content.
- Critical thinker possessing excellent writing and communication skills.
- Self-motivated individual that is able to work with a team as well as independently.
- Skilled multi-tasker able to prioritize and handle several requests and projects concurrently with deadlines.
- Must be able to troubleshoot and adapt to changing requirements and timelines.
- Must be flexible with work hours, holidays and weekend coverage.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent digital media distribution experience (4+ years).
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.