Executive Assistant – Legal, Platform DistributionApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10000616 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 21, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Are you a born organizer? Do you keep your cool under pressure? Do you have experience supporting a high-level executive? And do you have a soft spot for Disney? If you’re nodding your head, then an Executive Support Professional position supporting attorneys on the Disney Media Entertainment Distribution’s Platform Distribution Legal teams may be right for you.
At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, direct-to-consumer streaming services, products, parks and experiences, and our television shows and networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Platform Distribution Legal group negotiates and provides legal counsel for the distribution of The Walt Disney Company’s world-class feature films, television content and online direct-to-consumer offerings. We represent Disney’s expansive portfolio of brands from the Walt Disney Studios (including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Twentieth Century Studios and Searchlight) television entertainment, sports and news (including ABC Entertainment, ESPN, ABC News, Disney Channel/Disney Junior/Disney XD, FX Networks, National Geographic Channel and Freeform), and our innovative direct-to-consumer offerings (including Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, STAR+ and ABC News Live). The role is for the legal team supporting Disney Platform Distribution, which is part of the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) division.
This team is the legal hub for Disney content distribution on a global scale, including theatrical distribution, television network distribution, over-the-top distribution of direct-to-consumer offerings via video streaming platforms, physical home video, electronic home video (“EHV”), transactional video-on-demand (“TVOD”), subscription video-on-demand (“SVOD”), ad-supported video-on-demand (“AVOD”) and linear television. The group also advises business executives on distribution technology matters, related legal and policy matters, and handles content protection.
Our Executive Support Professionals are highly-respected because their skills are essential to the success of the company. A sincere interest in learning about the media business and the ability to support and collaborate with in-house business units and other members of The Walt Disney Company legal team is essential. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to one Assistant General Counsel, two Principal Counsels and an Associate Principal Counsel.
You would be responsible for the day-to-day workings of the leaders you support. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people, about forming strong relationships with your leaders and co-workers, and about understanding how to leverage the human capital within the Disney enterprise to help your executives flourish. As the “face” of your executives within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a critical component of its success. Every day as an Executive Support Professional is different! On any given day you might:
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats, including coordinating with other Executive Support Professionals to schedule meetings and video chats with large numbers of team members
- Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles
- Review your leader’s schedule to build in time for things like commuting, working, and getting to/from meetings on our sprawling campus
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be smart about how you direct phone calls
- Create a multi-city travel itinerary, taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels
- Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders
- Act as “casual buyer” of all office supplies for the department, and manage purchase orders and vendor contracts
- Prepare regular reports and summaries -- you’ll have tasks that you own completely
- Collaborate on projects by conducting research, writing and fact-checking
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the friendly face that newbies count on to answer all their questions
- Mentor and train new support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork
- Plan high-profile, complex events like off-sites, as well as smaller-scale gatherings such as service recognition parties
Here’s what you will need to be successful in this job:
- At least three years supporting an executive, law firm partner or equivalent experience
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including clean grammar, strong proofreading skills and a robust vocabulary
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, and familiarity or readiness to learn in Workday, SharePoint, NetDocuments and Concur
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- Confidence to learn new programs when necessary
- Complete reliability handling highly confidential information
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked, to build solid inter and intra-team relationships
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time may be needed
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A professional demeanor, positive outlook and can-do attitude
It would be a plus if you also had these skills:
- Experience working in a large publicly-traded company
Education is important to us, here’s what we are looking for:
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree
Some of the perks we offer include:
- Admission to our theme parks, paid time off, 401K participation, a retirement savings plan, discounts on a wide variety of offerings, medical/dental/vision insurance and educational reimbursement--just to name a few!
- The internal title for this role is Secretary IV.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.