Financial AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 753416BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Mar. 12, 2020
The Walt Disney Company’s Direct-to-Consumer and International segment (DTCI) is a
global, multiplatform media, technology, and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the Disney+ streaming service, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN. BAMTECH Media, developer of the Disney+ and ESPN+ streaming platforms, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company as part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment.
An opportunity exists to join this dynamic business as a Financial Analyst on its Financial Planning & Analysis team. We need a candidate that produces excellent individual work, yet has the ability to manage many stakeholders and build extremely solid relationships across multiple groups.
The candidate must be comfortable navigating large sets of data and making sense of the data to tell a story and understand the reasons for any discrepancies. We are not seeking someone to crunch numbers – you will need to take a step back and connect how these numbers are making an impact to the larger organization. Additionally, because the candidate will be heavily relied-upon for analysis, you’ll actively look for opportunities to improve process efficiency and challenging the status quo, which is strongly encouraged.
- Build quarterly forecasts, Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan; ensuring consistency between offline and system numbers
- Derive cause of change analyses for each forecast, Annual Operating Plan, Five Year Plan; ensuring consistency between offline and system numbers
- Ad hoc projects for our internal SVP, Marketing, Sales, and Operations
- 1+ years in a corporate finance or FP&A-related role
- Eagerness and curiosity to learn outside of one’s stated purview of responsibilities
- Ability to remain unflustered and effective in an environment where last-minute changes and requests are the norm
- Strong knowledge of systems – both loading and reporting (Cognos, SAP, Hyperion)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use MS Office to present status, progress, and data analysis
- CPA certification
- Public Accounting experience
- 2+ years of financial modeling & financial planning experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Management or closely related field
- Masters degree
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Content Sales LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Content Sales LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.