Already applied?View Dashboard
Information Security Manager (Walt Disney Television)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 711993BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Oct. 11, 2019
This individual will be a member of the WDT NE&O BDN Team. A high impact, high performance team with responsibilities that include the FOX Broadcasting Network, My Network, FOX Soccer Plus, FOX Deportes, FX, FXX, FXM, National Geographic Channel, Nat Geo Wild, FOX Sports 1, FOX Sports 2 and supporting extremely visible and high-profile events including NFL on FOX, MLB World Series, and FIFA World Cup.
- Provide vision, strategy and leadership for delivery of comprehensive, validated cloud and on-prem security architectures
- Manage information security risk management processes, programs and strategies.
- Implement and model security practices for enterprise and cloud environments using an intelligence and threat-driven defense model.
- Identify technology gaps and deficiencies by conducting risk assessments; develop plans to remediate.
- Lead the planning, testing, tracking, remediation, and risk acceptance of existing and proposed technology.
- Ensure adequate compliance resources and training.
- Ensure the department's practices and procedures meet risk management policies/standards/procedures to detect and deter information technology and information security risks.
- Directs the activities of staff in accomplishing company business objectives. Set priorities, provide guidance, secure resources, interface with peers and senior leadership and communicate effectively at all levels.
- Proactively foster the development of all team members.
- Drives security processes and procedures across development and operations teams
- Interact with technology teams to understand business imperatives, document policies, and generate security requirements
- Manage issue management activities and monitors remediation plans.
- Monitor and anticipates trends and investigates organizational objectives and needs.
- Facilitate the completion of effective regulatory examinations and audit reviews of information risks, when required.
- Escalate emerging risks, non-compliance with policies/standards/controls, policy exceptions and risk tolerance breaches in a timely manner.
- Work and coordinate with management and department heads across the enterprise.
- A minimum of 4-6 years’ experience in an enterprise security role
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in a lead engineer or management role
- Strong technical skills and the ability to learn and continue to maintain cutting edge skills and knowledge on a variety of technical areas (Unix/Linux, Application Security, Vulnerability Management, etc.).
- Experience with security architecture frameworks in cloud-based environments (AWS, Openstack, VMware, etc.) is strongly preferred
- Experience planning, designing, and implementing risk management processes for the organization.
- Experience assessing and evaluating risk, as well as identifying, describing, and estimating the risks affecting the business.
- Knowledge of Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) best practices and guidelines
- Expertise with IAM protocols such as OAuth2.0, OIDC, SAML 2.0, authorization policies (such as XACML)
- Have a sense of urgency in implementing programs and evaluating priorities; decisive, action-oriented and practical.
- Willingness to challenge and question the status quo, making recommendations for options and best solutions.
- Be organizationally astute, with superior influencing, collaboration and communication skills.
- Personal presence, intellect, energy and drive to succeed in a high-performance environment.
- Able to analyze and think through highly complex issues.
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC Cable Networks Group, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC Cable Networks Group is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later