Manager, Ad Sales StrategyApply NowApply Later Job ID 852108BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 19, 2021
The Ad Sales Strategy team identifies, evaluates, and implements strategic initiatives to drive advertising revenue for Disney’s portfolio of brands across all linear and digital formats. The team focuses on cross-functional projects that will best position Disney for long-term success in today’s rapidly changing media and advertising landscape.
By collaborating with key stakeholders, the team's primary objective is to identify new revenue channels and enhance existing ones through commercial and data partnerships, advanced advertising products, and strategic alignment across sales, operations, product, and finance.
The Ad Sales Strategy team is seeking a Manager to directly support a broad range of strategic initiatives. Key projects will focus on unlocking digital advertising capabilities—such as programmatic and audience-based buying—to accelerate revenue growth. This role will be instrumental in informing the long-range roadmap for TWDC’s advertising strategy and will work cross-functionally across multiple internal teams, including finance, product, sales, operations, and business development.
- Evaluating the financial impact of new advertising products and capabilities
- Creating proforma financial models to evaluate commercial partnership deal terms
- Managing high-level projects across multiple operational groups to develop and refine key business processes and reporting aligned with our long-term strategic roadmap
- Completing secondary market research to identify key trends and inform the five-year strategic plan
- Closely manage projects from beginning-to-end: manage day-to-day communication and provide updates to the leadership team, identify key issues, and manage data gathering
- Develop executive-level presentations to summarize strategic initiatives for the leadership team
- Create ad hoc financial models and analyses to support decision making and strategic initiatives
- Complete market research and track industry trends
- 5+ years of professional experience with a background in management consulting, investment banking, strategic planning, and/or business operations.
- Advanced technical skills in Excel and PowerPoint, with experience in financial modeling.
- Strong analytic mindset, ability to structure and handle ambiguous data and projects.
- Proven ability to interface and build relationships with diverse stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Advertising, media entertainment, or technology experience preferred, not required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance, math, or related quantitative field of study.
- MBA preferred.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.