Manager, Advertising & Media, Multi-Platform Marketing (FX)Apply Now Apply Later Current TFCF Employees and Freelance / Contractors Apply Here Job ID R10013424 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business FX Networks Date posted Apr. 15, 2022
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANYFX NetworksFX is comprised of the networks FX, FXX and FXM, the video on-demand app FXNOW, and the streaming hub FX on HULU that features exclusive FX series, next day access to current FX and FXX series, and FX Networks’ library of legacy series. FX on Hulu exclusive series include Devs, Mrs. America, A Teacher and the upcoming The Old Man, Y: The Last Man and American Horror Stories. FX, the flagship general entertainment basic cable channel, launched in June of 1994 and is carried in 86 million homes. The diverse schedule features a growing roster of critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series including Pose, Snowfall, Mayans M.C., and Taboo; the critically-acclaimed limited series American Horror Story, Fargo, American Crime Story, FEUD, Black Narcissus and the upcoming Shōgun, Great Expectations and Pistol; acclaimed hit comedy series including Atlanta, Better Things, What We Do in the Shadows, Breeders and the upcoming Reservation Dogs; the half-hour series Mr Inbetween and the Untitled B.J. Novak Project; a slate of docuseries and documentary features, including The New York Times Presents, The Most Dangerous Animal of All, AKA Jane Roe, A Wilderness of Error, Hip Hop Uncovered and Hysterical; and the FX Original Movie A Christmas Carol. FX is the former home of the critically-acclaimed and award-winning hit drama series The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Damages, Sons of Anarchy, Justified and The Americans. The network’s library of acquired box-office hit movies is unmatched by any ad-supported television network. FXX, the newest network, launched in September 2013 and is carried in 82 million homes. Geared towards a young adult audience, the schedule features original series, movies, and acquired series. The channel is anchored by the acclaimed hit comedies It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, the Emmy® Award-winning comedy series Archer, DAVE and Cake, a weekly showcase of short-form comedy programming. FXX is also the cable home to The Simpsons, the longest-running comedy in TV history. FXM was launched in October of 1994 and is now carried in 57 million homes. Its schedule features classic films during the day (FXM Retro), contemporary box office hits and acclaimed, award-winning films, and short-form award-winning original programming in the evening.
FX is seeking a Manager of Advertising & Media who will be responsible for the development of marketing materials tied to consumer launches and sustaining efforts in all media forms not limited to TV, online, digital, radio, outdoor and print across the FX Brand, FX linear shows and FX's Hulu Exclusives campaigns. The position plays an integral role in the team, working in collaboration with the Vice President and Director to identify, develop and execute the required materials that comprise brand awareness and tune-in efforts on behalf of the network.
Act as primary day to day contact with and manage digital agencies to concept and develop assets for use in the digital marketing campaign
Identify available content for use across the paid marketing campaign by coordinating with Content and Editorial, Print, Graphics, and Social Media teams
Work with the internal teams and the media agency to develop campaign strategy, creative and campaign ideation with partners
Gather research and competitive programming to provide key inputs for the marketing brief and strategy
Facilitate approvals from the necessary departments (e.g., legal, development, graphics) for all marketing materials
Request, traffic and troubleshoot marketing materials and placements tied to off-network media buys to ensure placement, accuracy, and compliance
Contribute to the company’s Diversity and Inclusion efforts including seeking out diverse agencies and media partners
Review media plans presented by the Agency, analyze details (e.g., targeting) and conduct vetting of partner environments (including D&I partners) and assets needed to deliver feedback on media strategy
Monitor execution, including QA, reviewing pacing and performance in campaign and drafting optimization recommendations
Conduct follow-up evaluation on all new business/media opportunities that are presented to FX
5+ years of marketing experience from a TV network or on a TV account at an ad agency
Must be a solutions oriented team player with excellent critical thinking skills
Project management experience and ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to deadlines
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with experience with Photoshop and other relevant marketing software a plus
Solid written and verbal communication skills required
Media experience/exposure to analyzing media placements, opportunities, and packages
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About FX Networks:
FX, a division of Disney General Entertainment, is a multiplatform brand that develops, produces, commissions and markets original programming for Hulu and the FX and FXX linear channels in the U.S., and Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other international territories. The FX brand mark appears above the title across its entire slate of originals. Over the past two decades, FX has been responsible for some the most-critically acclaimed and award-winning shows on television. Some of the brand’s current and legacy titles include the dramas American Horror Story, American Crime Story, The Americans, Damages, Fargo, Justified, Nip/Tuck, Pose, Rescue Me, The Shield and Sons of Anarchy; the comedies Archer, Atlanta, Better Things, DAVE, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Reservation Dogs and What We Do in the Shadows; and a growing slate of docuseries and documentary films.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC, which is part of a business we call FX Networks.
FX Networks, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY PRIVACY NOTICE FOR VENDORS, CONTRACTORS, SERVICE PROVIDERS AND OTHER EXTERNAL RESOURCES
Last Updated: June 4, 2020
The Walt Disney Family of Companies (“we” or “us”) values your trust and is committed to the responsible management, use and protection of Personal Information. Personal Information is any information that identifies (whether directly or indirectly) a particular individual (defined more fully below). This privacy notice describes our treatment of information related to the collection, use and storage of information of Vendors, Employment and Onboarding, Contractors (External), Training or Other outside Resources (“VECTOR Privacy Notice”) via publicly available websites and applications (including those with registration). Please read this VECTOR Privacy Notice carefully prior to submitting any Personal Information.
Table of Contents:
- Who we are
- Information We Collect
- Use of Information
- Disclosure of Personal Information
- Data Retention
- Access and Correction
- Links to Third-Party Websites
- Data Transfers and Applicable Law
- Additional Information for the EEA Only
- Changes to the VECTOR Privacy Notice
- Contact Us
Who we are
A member of The Walt Disney Family of Companies, which includes many different brands, will be the Data Controller for your information under this VECTOR Privacy Notice. The list of relevant Data Controllers can be found below. The member of the The Walt Disney Family of Companies that is the Data Controller for your information is responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this VECTOR Privacy Notice. Other members of The Walt Disney Family of Companies may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the Data Controller(s) (as a Data Processor), and unless prohibited under applicable law for use on their own behalf (as a Data Controller) for the purposes described in this VECTOR Privacy Notice.
This VECTOR Privacy Notice also applies to the collection and use of your Personal Information by any member of The Walt Disney Family of Companies that may need access to information you have provided.
Information We Collect
Information You Provide
We may collect Personal Information (as defined in this VECTOR Privacy Notice) and anonymous information about you which is relevant to our business relationship with you, such as:
- Registration information you provide when you create an account, or link your profile on a third-party site or platform with your registration account, such as your first name and username, country of residence, gender, date of birth, email address, and password;
- Information sent either one-to-one or within a limited group using our message, chat, post, or similar functionality, where we are permitted by applicable law to collect this information;
- Information in connection with an employment application, including contact information, work authorization status, CV/resume, previous work experience and education information, skills, references, work-related licenses, permits and certifications; any other information you elect to provide to us (e.g., awards or professional memberships);
- Location information, including location information provided by a mobile or other device interacting with one of our sites or applications (including through beacon technologies), or associated with your IP address, with your consent and where we are permitted by law to process this information;
- Activity information about your use, and the use by any person(s) you authorize through your account, of our sites and applications, such as the content you view or post, how often you use our services, and your preferences; and
- Usage, viewing, technical, and device data when you visit our sites, use our applications on third-party sites or platforms, or open emails we send, including your browser or device type, unique device identifier, and IP address.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
ONLINE TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES AND ADVERTISING
We and certain service providers operating on our behalf collect information about your activity, or activity on devices associated with you, on our sites and applications using tracking technologies such as cookies, Flash cookies, pixels, tags, software development kits, application program interfaces, and Web beacons. Definitions for some of the tracking technologies listed, as well as information about your choices with respect to them, are available below. This tracking data may be used for many purposes including, for example, to:
- Provide useful features to simplify your experience when you return to our sites and applications (for example, remembering your language preference);
- Deliver relevant content based on your preferences, usage patterns and location;
- Monitor, evaluate, and optimize the use and operation of our sites and applications; and
- Analyze traffic on our sites and on the sites of third parties.
We may collect information whether or not you are logged in or registered, and may associate this tracking data with your registration account (if you have one), in which case we will treat it as Personal Information. Service providers that collect tracking data on our behalf may provide an opportunity for you to choose not to be tracked online.
Advertisers and third parties also may collect information about your activity on our sites and applications, on devices associated with you, and on third-party sites and applications using tracking technologies. Tracking data collected by these advertisers and third parties is used to decide which ads you see both on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications.
You may choose not to receive targeted advertising from many ad networks and partners, data exchanges, and marketing analytics and other digital advertising and marketing service providers. You may also be able to choose to control targeted advertising on other websites and platforms that you visit. In addition, you may also choose to control targeted advertising you receive within applications by using the settings and controls on your devices (for example, by re-setting your mobile device’s advertising identifier and/or opting out of interest based ads). We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising.Examples of online tracking technologies include:
- Flash cookies. We may use local shared objects, sometimes known as Flash cookies, to store your preferences or display content based upon what you view on our site to personalize your visit. Our third-party service providers also may use Flash cookies to collect and store information. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and manner in which data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. Learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies. If you disable Flash cookies, you won’t have access to many features that make your experience more efficient, and some of our services will not function properly.
DO NOT TRACK
Web browsers can transmit Do Not Track signals that indicate that a user does not wish to have activity tracked. Currently, no universally accepted standard exists for how to interpret such signals, although work to create consensus is ongoing. Learn about Do Not Track.
Except as specifically requested or legally required (e.g., in the context of diversity hiring practices, health data collected pursuant to law or the demand of a government entity), we ask that you avoid submitting information which may qualify as sensitive or “special category” information under applicable law. Sensitive Personal Information may include Personal Information regarding your racial or ethnic origin; your political opinions, religious beliefs or other beliefs of a similar nature; whether you are a member of a trade union; data regarding your physical or mental health or condition; your sexual orientation; and data regarding the commission or alleged commission of any criminal offense.
Use of Information
A noted above, the member of The Walt Disney Family of Companies that is the Data Controller for your information is responsible for and may use your information for the purposes described in this VECTOR Privacy Notice. Other members of The Walt Disney Family of Companies may have access to your information where they perform services on behalf of the Data Controller (as a Data Processor) and, unless prohibited under applicable law, for use on their own behalf (as a Data Controller) for the purposes described in this VECTOR Privacy Notice. Consistent with applicable law and choices and controls that may be available to you, we may use information collected from you, or from devices associated with you for our business purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the services you request, view, or engage with;
- Communicate with you about your account or transactions with us and send you information or request feedback about features on our sites and applications or changes to our policies;
- Personalize content and experiences;
Provide you with targeted advertising based on your activity on our sites and applications and on third-party sites and applications;
- To learn more about how we use your information for personalization and tracking, please see Online Tracking Technologies and Advertising above.
- Manage our suppliers, independent contractors, service providers and others throughout the supply chain;
- Organize and implement tasks in preparation of or to perform existing contracts;
- Evaluate activities at our facilities, including compliance with applicable policies, as well as health and safety rules in place;
- Grant you access to our training and collaboration modules allowing you access to certain materials and services you are entitled to receive;
- Manage and support our IT resources, including infrastructure management and business continuity;
- Manage diversity information and career progression tracking;
- Preserve our economic interests and ensure compliance and reporting (such as complying with our policies and local legal requirements, tax and deductions, conducting audits, responding to complaints, and defending litigation); and
- Archiving and record-keeping.
LEGAL REMEDIES AND REGULATORY COMPLIANCE
In addition, we will use your information as permitted by local law, to protect our rights including to: (a) enforce this VECTOR Privacy Notice and our terms and conditions; (b) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (c) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.Where required, we will use such information to:
- comply with or evaluate compliance with any applicable law or regulation; and
- respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence.
Your Personal Information may be used by us to complete a corporate transaction, such as a proposed or actual reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our businesses, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may share Personal Information within The Walt Disney Family of Companies for the purposes described in this VECTOR Privacy Notice. We will make the information available to personnel with a need to know the information for the purposes described in this VECTOR Privacy Notice. In the course of our activities and for the same purposes as those listed in this VECTOR Privacy Notice, your Personal Information can be accessed by or transferred to the following categories of recipients on a need to know basis to achieve such purpose:
- our banks and other payment processing service providers;
- our IT systems providers, cloud service providers, database providers and consultants;
- our other suppliers and service providers that provide services and products to us;
- our professional service providers, such as accountants, auditors, legal advisors and insurance brokers; and
- our archive storage providers; and
- other third parties or entities as disclosed in this VECTOR Privacy Notice and permitted by law.
We will retain your Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this VECTOR Privacy Notice unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by applicable law.
Access and Correction
Certain websites and applications we provide may permit you to access, review, and change your Personal Information by logging in and updating your account information. Please note that if you change or correct information after submitting it, such changes will be visible to us.
Apart from such information, you may request access to your Personal Information that we collect, or its modification, correction, or deletion, where permitted by applicable law. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before responding to your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that certain Personal Information may be exempt from such access, correction, or suppression rights pursuant to local data protection laws.
The security, integrity, and confidentiality of your information are extremely important to us. We have implemented appropriate technical, administrative, organizational, and physical security measures that are designed to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, use, and modification. We regularly review our security procedures to consider appropriate new technology and methods. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Links to Third-Party Websites
Our sites may contain links to other websites. This VECTOR Privacy Notice does not address, and we are not responsible for, the privacy, information security, or other practices of any third parties, including any third party operating any website or service to which our sites link. Privacy choices you have made on third party websites or services will not apply to our use of the information we have collected directly through our sites and offline. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our sites and to read the legal notices posted on other sites, including their privacy policies.
Data Transfers and Applicable Law
We operate globally and may transfer your Personal Information to individual companies of The Walt Disney Family of Companies or third parties in locations around the world for the purposes described in this VECTOR Privacy Notice. Wherever your Personal Information is transferred, stored or processed by us, we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the privacy of your Personal Information. Additionally, when using or disclosing Personal Information transferred from the European Union, we use Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission, adopt other means under European Union law for ensuring adequate safeguards, or obtain your consent. We also apply the substantive requirements of standard contractual clauses when transferring Personal Information from Australia and Argentina.
Changes to this VECTOR Privacy Notice
From time to time, we may change this VECTOR Privacy Notice to accommodate new technologies, industry practices, regulatory requirements or for other purposes. We will provide notice to you if these changes are material and, where required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent. Notice may be by email to you at the last email address you provided us, by posting notice of such changes on our sites and applications, or by other means, consistent with applicable law.
If you have questions or requests related to this VECTOR Privacy Notice, please feel free to contact us by mail at: CORP.Disney.Privacy.Team@disney.com. If you are unsatisfied with a reply received from us, you may at any time refer your complaint to the relevant regulator in your jurisdiction.
Additional Information for the EEA Only
If you are a resident of the UK or EEA, you may also:
- Contact our Data Protection Officer at DataProtection@disney.co.uk with any questions about this VECTOR Privacy Notice.
- Lodge a complaint with a data protection authority for your country or region or in the place of the alleged misconduct.
The Data Controller is the subsidiary or affiliated entity of The Walt Disney Company that is responsible for the Personal Information collected and used within the scope of this VECTOR Privacy Notice from our sites and applications, as follows:
- If you live in Europe, Middle East or Africa: The Walt Disney Company Limited (Company Number 530051) 3 Queen Caroline Street Hammersmith London W6 9PE email@example.com
- US, Canada and Rest of World: Disney Interactive 500 South Buena Vista Street Mail Code 7667 Burbank, CA 91521-7667 United States of America Guest Services
A data processor is a person or entity that processes Personal Information on behalf of a Data Controller (or Data Controllers) and is permitted to perform data processing only as directed by the Data Controller(s).
Personal Information means information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked (whether directly or indirectly) with a particular individual or household, such as the individual’s name, postal address, email address, and telephone number. When anonymous information is directly or indirectly associated with Personal Information, the resulting information also is treated as Personal Information.
The Walt Disney Family of Companies
The Walt Disney Family of Companies refers to The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiary and affiliated entities, which offer their products and services under various brand names. These companies, including certain former 21st Century Fox assets, engage in a number of businesses, including theme parks and travel, motion pictures and television, publishing, consumer products and interactive services.