Manager, Agile Delivery Lead
North Hollywood, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 771390BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 07, 2021
Job Summary:An Agile delivery lead is responsible for keeping multiple projects and sustainment efforts on track for a particular region and ensuring they are completed on schedule and according to specifications. The Agile delivery lead will collaborate with the product team, business partners, designers, developers, and vendor partners to deliver measurable value via projects/programs and sustainment efforts.
- A leader with a “big picture” delivery mindset for a specific region which encompasses large programs, projects and sustainment products. The delivery lead has a broad view of the delivery landscape in a highly matrixed organization which allows for proactive strategic action to keep all programs/projects and sustainment work on track for successful delivery
- Owns end to end delivery of large programs/projects and sustainment products for a particular region/business partner/product
- Builds and maintains positive and productive working relationships with international business partners (North America, EMEA, APAC, LATM)-Directors and above
- Communicates/reports concise status and spend to senior leadership on projects/programs and sustainment efforts on a regular cadence that encompasses the entire delivery landscape for a region
- Proactively works to look ahead at potential issues and actively works with Project/Program Managers and Scrum Masters to mitigate them
- Coordinates with program/project managers to develop budgets and timelines and drive the CAR process to obtain funding and scrum masters as needed for sustainment tracks
- Is familiar with the product management role and is able to work with business partners to understand, compile/group efforts and work together to prioritize work efficiently maximizing value towards strategic plan/KPIs/OKRs
- Delegates tasks to program/project managers as needed
- Oversees the design, testing, and deployment processes for multiple concurrent complex engagements
- Coaches PO/team on backlog refinement and prioritization
- Intervenes when development is at risk of being behind schedule for both programs/projects and sustainment
- Helps draft SOWs/Agreements with vendors, ensuring clear delivery agreements on programs/projects and/or sustainment work
- Ensures that team maintains high level of competence and operational excellence
- Performs vendor negotiations for delivery rates.
- Evaluates training needs for program/project team.
- Participates in idea generation, implementation, and refinement of new and existing processes and procedures
- Makes critical business decisions to meet business partner expectations.
- Reports delivery status to senior leadership and business partners (VP/SVP/EVP)
- Ensures discussions and decisions lead towards resolution and/or desired outcome
- Set policies, governance and other forms of delivery guidance that effectively orchestrate the overall delivery process and suggests improvements based on new technologies, tools and methodologies
- Innovates with practices and frameworks through experimentation to improve the team and their delivery and Coaches team/(s) to improve collaboration and self-organization
- Has the ability to act as an Agile mentor/coach to other Scrum Masters or any Agile role (Product Owner, Release train engineer, Scrum Master etc.)
- A bachelor’s degree in a computer or business or related field
- 8+ years of project management and Agile delivery experience utilizing Scrum, Kanban or SAFe framework
- Experience working in both the Waterfall and Agile delivery methodologies
- Executive presence and excellent communication skills with ability to tell a compelling story when communicating to all levels of the organization.
- Extensive experience working with international business/product teams and sr. leadership (especially with EMEA, APAC, LATM, MiddleEast) in a technical delivery capacity
- Extensive experience working in a highly matrixed organization and interacting with SVP/VP level audience
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving abilities
- Demonstrated ability to delegate tasks, manage and divide workload fairly.
- Has good change management skills and can quickly adapt to fast-paced environment which changes frequently and dynamically.
- Self-driven individual who can easily engage stakeholders from other departments when needed to achieve results
- Has experience in delivering performance reviews and can deliver immediate feedback when situation requires it.
- Has customer-centric mindset with understanding of customer journeys.
- Experience working with and integrating delivery methods across teams. (Inclusive of Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall)
- Practical understanding and hands on experience with scaled delivery methodologies (such as SAFe or Scrum at Scale)
- Multiple complete product delivery experiences from ideation to delivery
- Consulting experience
- Software development skills
- Agile certifications to include: CSM, CSP, PMI’s ACP, SAFe, or Lean Six Sigma
- 7+ year of experience using Jira or Confluence
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.