Manager, On-Air Promos SchedulingApply NowApply Later Job ID 789360BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 04, 2021
- Manage execution of all daily media plans and scheduling for on-air materials from promotions, marketing, PSAs, synergy and Ad Sales/added value related initiatives. This includes scheduling management of promos, PSAs, snipes, billboards, credit squeezes, FXM interstitials and program continuity elements.
- Ensures smooth execution of the planned approach of the network’s ‘look’ and how effectively it ‘plays’ to viewers, thus upholding the network’s overall brand value.
- Work with network ISM and Ad Sales departments to correctly schedule and place the network’s added value promotion initiatives, and clear the AV contract’s copy.
- The network’s promotion inventory for strategic placement of sales initiatives is maximized.
- Coordinate with associated Disney networks, affiliate promotions, and media departments in the administration and scheduling of cross channel promotion initiatives, barter agreements and special promotional projects.
- Maximize the network’s agreements and initiatives.
- Oversee the contracting and placement of marketing/barter initiatives on the network.
- Ensures all promised initiatives are correctly scheduled for air to fulfill commitments.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in the TV industry within promotional scheduling, media planning and/or commercial administration.
- Previous experience managing staff preferred.
- Requires the ability to quickly and concisely provide direction and supervision.
- Must have firm understanding of the broadcasting, media planning, operations and scheduling lexicon.
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Extremely detail oriented.
- Requires outstanding understanding of the network computer systems used to access research, programming and scheduling information.
- Firm understanding of the broadcast systems used to take promotion materials from concept to air.
- Familiarity of the PACE computer system, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook.
- Requires the ability to supervise and sustain a tight-knit department that is always under the pressure of a hard deadline.
- Strong general knowledge of the current TV industry landscape, formats and programs
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in related field
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with International Family Entertainment, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
International Family Entertainment, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.