Manager, Post Production FinanceApply NowApply Later Job ID 981837BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 24, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
- Manage all aspects of FXP’s post production accounting.
- Oversee transition of all shows from Production to Post Production by collaborating with the freelance accountants and Production Finance Executives
- Prepare and analyze all production finance deliverables including finalizing: ledger bibles, cost reports, balance sheets, check registers, and purchase orders
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Process payroll, AP, and P-Card transactions for projects in post
- Prepare and process all necessary journal entries
- Ensure bank signatories and access to all accounting systems and bank portals are current and updated
- Supervise freelance post production accountant(s)
- Manage Post Accounting Analyst
- Field post accounting related inquiries
- Initiate bank account closure when project is ready to close
- Perform ad hoc projects as needed
- In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practices
- Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements
- Ability to communicate with network colleagues and external representation
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure
- Demonstrated ability to work in a corporate environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and production accounting software programs (PSL and Global Vista)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in production accounting or equivalent work experience is preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Accounting, Finance or Business
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.