Manager, Social Media Marketing, Searchlight PicturesApply NowApply Later Job ID 833141BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jul. 23, 2021
Searchlight Pictures is a global specialty film company that develops, produces, finances and acquires motion pictures for both worldwide theatrical and streaming releases. It has its own marketing and distribution operations, and is part of The Walt Disney Studios, a division of The Walt Disney Company. Founded in 1994 as Fox Searchlight Pictures, the company’s titles have grossed over $5 billion worldwide, amassing 28 Golden Globe Awards, 49 BAFTA awards, and 43 Academy Awards including five Best Picture winners since 2009: Slumdog Millionaire, 12 Years a Slave, Birdman, The Shape of Water, and Nomadland. Upcoming feature releases include Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson’s award-winning Summer Of Soul (…Or, When The Revolution Could Not Be Televised), David Bruckner’s The Night House, Michael Showalter’s The Eyes of Tammy Faye, Scott Cooper’s Antlers, Guillermo del Toro’s Nightmare Alley, Wes Anderson’s The French Dispatch, and Taika Waititi’s Next Goal Wins. The company includes Searchlight Television, which develops and produces series for streaming, network, and cable partners.
Searchlight Pictures is looking for an innovative team player to join our Creative Advertising team. In this role, you will report to the VP of Print and Digital Marketing, and will manage the day to day on all Searchlight brand and film/television accounts. You will work cross functionally with all Searchlight departments to ensure strategy, message and materials are represented online in the most impactful way possible. You have a deep knowledge and understanding of the online space, and the drive and desire to push the boundaries of digital theatrical marketing.
- Manage all Searchlight brand and films socials and sites:
- Execute social campaigns for both film and brand pages, including ensuring the social campaigns remain timely and elevate the presence of Searchlight’s brand and films online.
- Assist in the creation of digital materials, making sure the online content reflects the tone, strategy, and messaging of the larger marketing campaign.
- Manage digital content calendars, social footprints, and campaign timelines.
- Oversee agencies responsible for copy, positioning and posting of social content including trailer and poster launches.
- Maintain quality control of social pages and verifies that information is correct and up to date on all Searchlight sites and social pages (film sites, FSL site, awards sites, FB, IG, TW, TIK TOK, etc).
- Manage all creative materials placement and ensuring amplification in the digital space in meaningful and strategic ways.
- Manage onsite digital and social activities at events such as premieres, screenings, stunts and junkets.
- Create social content kits to distribute to talent, influencers and partners to generate unique content and create word of mouth. These content kits will be updated regularly and distributed internally to all departments for us e.g. publicity, promotions, events, etc.
- Track material performance to include social insights, performance data, twitter activity report, trailer launch snapshots, festival reactions, etc to provide advertising department and publicity with topline information to share with filmmakers.
- Update creative team on company digital profile, new initiatives, and trends.
- Update and maintain digital budget.
- Prepare documents and materials for internal meetings.
- Innovative, naturally curious, and constantly seeking to push the boundaries of digital theatrical marketing, while frequently asking “What if…”
- Excellent communicator, comfortable collaborating with all levels internally and externally.
- Ability to multi-task and pivot priorities under strict deadlines.
- Highly adaptable and proactive: a self-starter that thrives in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
- Passionate and curious about all aspects of the marketing of Searchlight films
- 5+ years of digital marketing experience on either agency or client side.
- Expert knowledge of functions of digital platforms (FB, TW, IG, Youtube, TikTok, etc) and analytics.
- Working Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite especially photoshop.
- Editorial Experience (Final Cut, Premiere, etc) preferred.
- Proficient in Word/Excel
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 95 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today it brings quality movies, episodic storytelling, music, and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. The Walt Disney Studios encompasses a collection of respected film studios, including Disney, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, 20th Century Studios, and Searchlight Pictures. It is also home to Disney Theatrical Productions, producer of world-class stage shows.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
The Walt Disney Company Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.