Manager, Studio RelationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 749968BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 28, 2020
Eastham Studios is a cutting-edge production team that creates digital content for an on-demand and social audience. Located in a state-of-the-art facility with best in class production tools, Eastham Studios is a team that consists of award-winning producers, editors, and animators.
The Production Management department at Eastham Studios is tasked with providing production support for the creation of the best in class digital content that covers the entire spectrum from short form, narrative, unscripted and animation. This content finds its audience across the myriad of Disney digital online properties and is also prominently featured on Disney+. Production Management is responsible for studio processes such as bid requests, production requests, contract requests, insurance certificates, maintaining the production manual and routing/approvals with other Disney business units.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Production Management – the Manager, Studio Relations handles all approvals/routing of any studio projects that utilize Disney Intellectual Property. This Manager must maintain good relationships with all internal partners including WDAS, Pixar, Marvel, and Lucas. The manager must be current in knowledge regarding the studio slate and any guardrails or embargoes that are in place that could impact our production.
This integral position will work closely with the Eastham production team to make determinations if Eastham projects are far enough along in development to warrant routing to other business units for approval. The primary goal of this role is to make sure any Eastham content routed for approval has been fully vetted against available information to ensure we are properly utilizing our co-workers time. Once a project has been routed, the manager is responsible for effectively advocating on behalf of our creative while also emphasizing the importance of our partnership with other business units.
- Attend meetings, manage relationships, present concepts and advocate for the use of Disney IP in all Eastham Studios content we produce
- Provide insight and expertise on the use of Disney IP as it pertains to the content being produced. Including but not limited to, editorial, promotional, sales, originals, DTCI SVOD content and any other media production that needs approvals
- Facilitates obtaining approvals from all key stakeholders for the use of Disney IP in content that we produce.
- Act as a neutral arbitrator to advocate for our content but also protect our relationship with key Disney stakeholders to ensure the use of Disney IP is well thought out and beneficial for all parties involved
- Responsible for routing all approvals to Disney Music Group, Lucas Film, and any other applicable business unit for any and all music that is proposed for promotional use. This includes but is not limited to music for red carpet events, junkets, promotional content for upcoming releases (theatrical, television, home entertainment, etc.
- Responsible to procure composer and publisher information for promotional use music when it is not provided to us by the client
- Attend production meetings when necessary to weigh in on any projects that are in development or currently in production
- At least 5 years of prior hands-on production management experience within a digital media, commercial, or film/television environment
- Management experience: 3+ years of managing multiple team members.
- Communication: Must be able to manage expectations and maintain clear communication across multiple divisions of The Walt Disney Company.
- Project management: Must be detail oriented and able to manage multiple projects from concept to execution
- Collaboration: Must be able to foster a collaborative environment that allows multiple stakeholders to voice their concerns and opinions
- Bachelor’s degree in Creative Arts, Production, or Media Studies
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.