Marketing AssociateApply NowApply Later Job ID 10005451 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 19, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Describe the department or group. This information will be used to help attract and engage candidates.
The DMED Marketing Strategy team is seeking an experienced Marketing Associate who will be responsible for assisting with marketing strategy, creative content, creative advertising, research, media, digital marketing/social media, CRM, publicity and synergy of every movie released transactionally (post theatrical and Disney+ window) among the various franchises across The Walt Disney Company.
Describe what the person will do in the role - how he/she will impact the organization.
Our business is responsible for marketing strategy, creative content, creative advertising, research, media, digital marketing/social media, CRM, publicity and synergy of every movie released transactionally among the various franchises across The Walt Disney Company: Disney/Pixar, Disney Live Action, Marvel, LucasFilm, Disney Animation, 20th Century, Lightstorm and Searchlight Studios.
We are responsible for all marketing strategy and marketing plans across all windows following theatrical and Disney+. This role will assist the Senior Manager and Director on the team with project management.
The individual should have experience in DTC marketing and have an understanding of 360 marketing campaigns. This person will need to be extremely detail oriented and should thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume and extremely collaborative environment. The ability to effectively prioritize projects to get the best ROI is a must.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing agendas and tracking minutes for weekly marketing meetings
- Management of team trackers (i.e. milestones and messaging grid) and title Box folders
- Development and distribution of marketing messaging guidelines and toolkits for key internal and external partners
- Screenings process management
- Premiums Orders
- Asset retrieval and review (in DDS, Wonderland and PMX)
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Initiate and support aspects of Marketing Strategy, positioning and campaign timing
- Serve as the hub to ensure all cross-functional MarCom teams are aligned with campaign strategy
- Generate and maintain key campaign strategy documents, presentations and meetings to update various internal and external groups
- Campaign Milestone and Deadline Project Management
- Maintain current status of all campaign materials/ initiatives across departments, responsible for sharing information with the wider Marketing group
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Bachelor’s degree minimum
- 3-5 years of related experience in marketing and/or entertainment industry
- Familiar with DTC marketing campaign planning process
- Experience partnering and planning with creative (AV & Print), digital/social marketing and media planning
- Experience partnering with retail/shopper marketing advantageous
- Proven experience of building effective relationships across departments to achieve joint goals/targets
- Team player attitude with ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with key internal stakeholders
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, highly matrixed organization
- Self-motivated individual
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Demonstrates strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills with advanced knowledge of Box, Keynote/PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Knowledgeable in Disney brands and franchises
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with 20th CF Home Entertainment, LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
20th CF Home Entertainment, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.