Multi-Platform Marketing SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 10006318 Location Los Angeles, California, United States / Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 13, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Disney Media and Distribution team is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, ambitious and motivated marketer to join our team. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Multi-Platform Marketing, the Marketing Specialist will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of marketing strategies that drive growth, revenue and reinforce the value of Disney’s television Networks; ABC, Disney, ESPN, FX, Freeform, and the National Geographic Channels and studio film and TV properties from; Marvel Studios, Lucasfilm, Pixar, Walt Disney Animation Studios, 20th Century Pictures, and Searchlight Pictures.
The Multi-Platform Marketing Specialist will develop marketing initiatives with key distribution partners that support both Pay TV/linear Networks and In-Home Theatrical/Transactional lines of business. They will work closely with internal stakeholders including but not limited to; Distribution Sales, Marketing, Brand, Legal and Communications teams, as well as external distribution partners to initiate, develop, and execute strategic marketing partnerships to drive new subscriber acquisition and transactional revenue of theatrical content. The Multi-Platform Marketing Specialist will also develop and execute retention campaigns and initiatives to increase engagement with priority linear content. When applicable, the Multi-Platform Marketing Specialist will support new product launches that align with Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution core business goals. Additionally, they will manage the planning and execution of partner contractual marketing budgets/commitments, support contract negotiations and proactively provide ongoing marketing guidance and support the development of the team Marketing Associate.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Collaborate with brand colleagues, theatrical marketing, legal, business strategy/operations and finance teams to plan and execute all partnership marketing initiatives, including contractual marketing funds and other contractual media commitments
- Responsible for the development, coordination and execution of marketing campaigns/promotions that support Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution goals (acquisition, retention, engagement, new products, etc). Build and maintain direct relationships with account and network contacts, and serve as primary lead on all related day-to-day marketing activities
- Lead and host formal/informal client meetings ranging from bi-weekly status calls to annual planning presentations and year-end recap reviews
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of account management tools such as budget tracking, partnership plans, fiscal planning presentations, project/campaign trackers, post merchandise/result
- Act as marketing liaison for DMED television network portfolio; ABC, Disney, Freeform, ESPN and Disney’s studio theatrical slate, by being a subject matter expert in the network’s linear and multiplatform programming offerings, theatrical slate, consumer research and data insights
- Collect and process results for post merchandise analysis & ROI, and develop and execute communications vehicles to convey result
- This position will be Hybrid
- Min of 2 years of relevant experience in a Marketing, preferably in television or new media/streaming content environment in two or more of the following areas: Account Management, Partnerships Marketing, Brand Management
- Knowledge of pay TV/video landscape, transactional business, streaming platforms and evolving media consumption habits
- Strategic thinker with confident ability to generate, champion and present ideas
- Ability to balance large workloads in a dynamic fast paced environment
- Outstanding verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Results-oriented with sensibility of defining measurable metrics or performance
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent. Marketing degree preferred.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
ESPN Sales & Marketing, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.