Paralegal, Legal AffairsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 749831BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Feb. 25, 2020
This position requires content review and clearance experience, exceptional organizational skills, an unwavering attention to detail and deadlines, drafting and negotiating expertise, acumen in legal issue spotting, and constant, effective communication with both internal clients and third parties.
The right candidate will work closely with all levels of Business and Legal Affairs staff, internal business unit representatives and similarly situated parties outside of the company.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements, amendments and other legal documentation for productions, events, pitches, graphics, spots, actors, writers, directors, below-the-line talent, amongst others, all within very short time frames.
- Reviewing existing series and film agreements to analyze rights and restrictions, and delivering such information to clients in a clear, concise manner.
- Reviewing marketing materials and television spots for legal issues.
- Maintaining various departmental charts and inputting information into databases on a daily basis.
- Handling title clearance matters for the division.
- Updating and training clients regarding relevant internal processes and protocols.
- Helping with special projects as assigned and approaching the same with a can-do attitude.
- Must have at least three years of legal experience.
- Experience at a television network or studio and/or familiarity with marketing legal issues preferred.
- The ability to track and meet all relevant deadlines and follow up as appropriate.
- Familiarity with marketing, programming and production agreements.
- The ability to multitask in a challenging, fast-paced, results-oriented environment.
- Fast learner with excellent client service, including project ownership from start to finish.
- The ability to spot and distinguish legal issues versus non-legal issues in legal paperwork.
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to identify and analyze issues and devise solutions and strategies.
- Strong understanding of contracts with the ability to draft contract language and integrate business issues into contracts.
- Detail-oriented with thorough grammatical, writing and proofreading skills.
- Conceptual thinker with excellent judgment.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- The ability to take direction and offer relevant solutions as needed.
- Initiative and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral, written, proof-reading and listening skills.
- An ability to independently manage one’s workload but to ask for assistance when needed.
- Team player.
- Holds self and others accountable for results.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and other office-related software.
- Legal experience in the marketing and/or television fields (recent law school graduates will be considered).
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Paralegal Certification (J.D.s will be considered)
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.