ParalegalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 749832BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 25, 2020
You’d be a key member of a dynamic team that creates original, engaging content for a variety of platforms, including network, cable and subscription video-on-demand, and you would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
This position currently reports to the Assistant Chief Counsel at Fox 21 Television Studios.
You would handle all screen credits, track options on talent deals and underlying rights, prepare and maintain charts for various television projects throughout the year, conduct research and generate reports for ad hoc requests, and develop and update standard forms & templates. Maintain all administrative duties with strong knowledge of legal processes and procedures. Work closely with studio attorneys and business affairs executives.
Responsibilities:On any given day you might:
- Review and annotate episodic on-screen credits based on contractual obligations and guild rules, obtain approvals from the DGA, compile and submit writing materials for WGA credit arbitrations;
- Send internal reminders of upcoming option dates, input and track the status of options into IDeA, generate option reports, and draft and send out option exercise/extension letters to talent reps;
- Track audit deadlines based on MAGR definitions and profit participations statements, and coordinate responses to audit extension requests;
- Review and compare drafts/versions of various legal documents, notices of tentative writing credits, and prepare and send out standard terms;
- Conduct research, proof read existing work, and prepare regular reports and summaries;
- Interface directly with other senior executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job; and
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company.
- At least 2 years of experience in a Paralegal or similar role at a studio, network or law firm;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills, including flawless grammar and a rich vocabulary;
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail;
- Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of the studio business;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs (including Excel, Outlook and Word);
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed; and
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude
- Experience at The Walt Disney Company;
- Experience working in a large public corporation;
- Experience working in television production;
- Experience working with guilds, including WGA, DGA, and/or SAG-AFTRA.
- BA degree and paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program required; experience in a television production legal environment or experience within a transactional department at a law firm is strongly preferred.
- JD preferred, but not required if you have strong paralegal skills and experience.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.