Part-Time Sports Video EditorApply NowApply Later Job ID 860975BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN Date posted Oct. 08, 2021
The PT Sports Video Editor is a skilled, knowledgeable, and efficient non-linear editor who is a creative storyteller. They can work well under varying deadlines, to provide video, graphics, colorization, and sound design to projects both short and long form. They have the imagination to visualize others concepts to satisfy everyone's needs. They should demonstrate their skills in non-linear editing, while providing a high level of communication and customer support. The ability to collaborate between departments on key show initiatives is a must. They should show a good blend of technical knowledge to go with their creative skills. Being flexible and working well within a team environment is vital.
- Skilled operator with the ability to perform well under pressure, high demand, strict timelines and/or live conditions.
- Operates a wide range of assignments within the discipline that is indicated by the job title.
- Conducts quality control measuring and corrective action steps to ensure and/or enhance the product.
- Demonstrates firm knowledge of workflow, equipment and facility layout in assigned areas for troubleshooting.
- Mixing of elements for features, long form productions and other visual/sound elements.
- Organization, efficiency, and planning skills are required.
- Firm understanding of technology and workflows to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments or future plans.
- Collaborate with Producers / project managers to generate high quality programing and advertising materials. Consistent with national program and marketing campaigns.
- Possesses the ability to work on campus and if the need arises, remotely.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently, and follow through on assignments.
- Embraces change, including new technologies and workflow to create accurate and efficient results in specific assignments.
- Has productive and efficient interactions with coworkers and clients. Together, complete the expected assignments based upon timelines and pre-determined guidelines.
- Participation in training programs, (physical, classroom, virtual, etc.) for personal career development, new equipment and/or workflow changes within the operation.
- Regularly document and/or file reports, as necessary, on specific working conditions, equipment status.
- As necessary, participate in team based projects to contribute towards departmental objectives.
- A minimum of two years of editing sound design or related experience, college internship or related work in a large market, network level television, or Post House
- Skilled with a wide range of tools, technologies and platforms for editing, sound design and graphics creation.
- Candidates must have sound computer background (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc...) and capable written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail, an inner passion for doing high level work.
- Vivid imagination, proven creativity and an understanding of storytelling.
- Demonstrates sound communication with timely follow up and problem solving.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Flexibility to alter shifts/days off to accommodate projects and departmental objectives.
- Knowledge of editing platforms (Avid, Adobe Suite, Grass Valley Cube, Pro Tools etc.).
- Sports Knowledge
- Knowledge of DaVinci Resolve and Cinema 4D.
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems.
- Bilingual (written and spoken) in both English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Studio Production, Journalism, or related field
- Vocational School or related experience
Additional Information:This position can be based in Los Angeles, Bristol or Charlotte.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.