Post-Production EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 820352BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 31, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs.
- Assist operators in resolving technical or operational issues.
- Orchestrate workstation management, imaging, and configuration.
- Ensure proper documentation of systems and procedures.
- Assess, troubleshoot, and resolve user hardware/software issues and/or failures.
- Orchestrate and perform the upgrading and configuring of infrastructure systems, software and
firmware patches and upgrades to operating systems as needed.
- Maintain server room environmental and monitoring equipment, license servers, as well as
asset tracking systems.
- Research and implement new technologies that optimize the creative vision of the FX Marketing Team.
- At least 3+ years of work experience in the VFX industry.
- Preferred knowledge of the following systems/software:
- Storage Systems including Nexis, Isilon, StorNext and AWS.
- Audio systems including ProTools and the S6 Console.
- Editorial systems including Avid Media Composer, Resolve, Flame and Premiere.
- Graphics Software. Including but not limited to:
- NUKE compositing software and workflows.
- Maya with V-RAY, C4D, and 3DStudioMax.
- Houdini and Houdini FX.
- 3D rendering workflows including Redshift or other GPU renderers, renderfarm, and AWS Thinkbox Deadline.
- Broadcast specs and general post-production.
- Enterprise management software – JAMF, Altiris, etc.
- High School Diploma or GED required
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.