Post-Production Visual Effects Engineer - daily hire
Los Angeles, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 820352BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 07, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) is seeking an experienced Visual Effects/Graphics Support Engineer, who will work closely with FX Network’s award-winning Marketing team. This team utilizes industry standard software tools to generate and complete graphics in a fast turn television broadcast environment. The Engineer must have excellent communication skills and be able to consult, train, knowledge share, interact, and develop relationships with engineering, graphic artists, creative directors, and management.
Candidates who seek employment must be available to work any shift in a 24/7 facility.
This is a NABET daily hire position and requires candidate to join the union
- Perform system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems, and key processes, reviewing system and application logs
- Assist VFX artists in resolving technical or operational issues
- Orchestrate workstation management, imaging, and configuration
- Ensure proper documentation of systems and procedures
- Assess, troubleshoot, and resolve user hardware/software issues and/or failures
- Orchestrate and perform the upgrading and configuring of infrastructure systems, software and firmware patches and upgrades to operating systems as needed
- Maintain server room environmental and monitoring equipment, license servers, as well as asset tracking systems
- Research and implement new technologies that optimize the creative vision of the department.
- Four-year college degree or equivalent work experience required
- 3+ years of work experience in the VFX industry
- Knowledge of the following systems/software:
- Adobe CC and Adobe After Effects, and After Effects rendering workflows
- NUKE compositing software and workflows
- Maya with V-RAY, C4D, and 3D Studio Max
- Houdini and Houdini FX
- 3D rendering workflows including Redshift or other GPU renderers, render farm, distributed render setup and operation including AWS Thinkbox Deadline render management software
- Storage environments including SAN, NAS, LTO, and cloud backup workflows required
- Broadcast specs and general post-production
- Pipeline creation and management
- Enterprise management software – JAMF, etc.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.