Production Artist - Motion Design (FX Networks)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10000672 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ABC Date posted Jul. 08, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
FX is seeking a Production Artist to create and animate all necessary elements needed to version, tag and revise brand packaging and launch spots for new and returning FX original series. The Production Artist will also help prepare and package assets for final delivery, ensuring all outgoing deliverables meet the required specs. This position will work closely with Designers, Producers, Art Directors and Creative Directors to maintain quality and consistency of the network brand.
- Create and animate all necessary elements needed to version, tag and revise established brand packaging and launch spots in support of new and returning FX original series and network branding.
- Work closely with department Producers to manage time and fulfill high volume requests needed to sustain the season and beyond.
- Assess incoming assets and project files to ensure we have necessary plug-ins, fonts, etc.
- Collaborate and strategize with the Designers, Art Directors, Creative Directors and Creative VP’s in concept development, design and animation to establish a bespoke brand package.
- 4 year college degree in graphic design or fine art or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years graphics design experience in television/post-production
- Knowledge of post-production technology past, present, and future is preferred
- Proficiency in AfterEffects, Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel required, Microsoft Outlook and Cinema4D a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have good mathematical and problem solving skills
- Excellent organizational and project coordination skills
- Must have ability to multitask and work effectively under changing priorities, deadlines, and daily time constraints
FX, a division of Disney General Entertainment, is a multiplatform brand that develops, produces, commissions and markets original programming for Hulu and the FX and FXX linear channels in the U.S., and Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other international territories. The FX brand mark appears above the title across its entire slate of originals. Over the past two decades, FX has been responsible for some of the most critically acclaimed and award-winning shows on television. Some of the brand’s current and legacy titles include the dramas American Horror Story, American Crime Story, The Americans, Damages, Fargo, Justified, Nip/Tuck, Pose, Rescue Me, The Shield and Sons of Anarchy; the comedies Archer, Atlanta, Better Things, DAVE, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Reservation Dogs and What We Do in the Shadows; and a growing slate of docuseries and documentary films
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call ABC.
FX Networks, LLC PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.