Already applied?View Dashboard
Production Assistant - International / DeportesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 712566BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ESPN Date posted Oct. 11, 2019
Position is with ESPN International/Deportes in Los Angeles working on Ahora o Nunca and any type of specialty projects.
- Assigned to prepare and edit pre-production elements such as video clips, highlights, teases and features for use in live and taped events; prepares program fillers and other interstitial materials.
- Conducts research in the video archives and develops relationships with different ESPN International Networks to obtain material to support show needs.
- Provides timely, accurate and complete delivery of multimedia elements and publishes to various platforms.
- Collaborates with content producers, coordinating producers and researchers on assigned shows to find innovative ways to enhance the video storyline from a graphics and content perspective.
- Maintains updated production manuals and element reels.
- Can function as a graphics coordinator for assigned studio telecasts of live and taped events.
- Works with technical and production personnel to create an informative and entertaining program.
- Adjusts to and interprets breaking news situations.
- Works with on-air staff to write accurate and informative stories.
- Researches and prepares story ideas for future shows.Send monthly ideas for the different L.A shows.
- The position requires fluency in Spanish and English; including the ability to check and proof content for grammar, spelling, clarity and impact under tight deadlines for both English and Spanish.
- Must have strong ability to edit words, content, and stats as well as be able to write clearly and concisely under pressure in live broadcast environment.
- Strong editorial skills, sports knowledge and news judgment to shape and enhance storylines using graphics will be required in order to be successful within this role.
- Must have possession of superior communication skills, with the ability to work in a team environment and drive collaboration.
- Superior attention to details is a necessity.
- Strong creative and innovative thinking regarding news judgment and content is a must.
- Thorough day-to-day knowledge of sports news, information and history with the skill to translate content into short, specific and concise messages easily comprehended and digested by the viewing audience.
- Candidate must demonstrate the ability to show leadership, to drive content and to leverage relationships by working collaboratively with team members.
- Must have social media knowledge, follow sport pages and understand trendsBe proactive and take initiative to start and finish projects
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call ESPN.
Los Angeles Cable Sports Productions, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later