Senior Financial Accounting Analyst, Production AccountingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 742247BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jan. 23, 2020
The DTCI segment is a global, multiplatform media, technology and distribution organization for high-quality content created by Disney’s Studio Entertainment and Media Networks groups.
DTCI includes Disney’s international media operations and the Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service Disney+, the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu, and the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN.
Responsibilities:This position is primarily responsible for providing accounting support for Eastham Studios in Culver City. The position is responsible for all financial and accounting functionalities on internally produced Disney+ content and content-marketing including budgeting, cost reporting, accounts payable, petty cash and p-card reconciliation, non-union payroll, general accounting, and ad-hoc analysis. The Production Accountant will liaise with Controllership, FP&A, Production/Studios Team, as well as external clients/vendors.
- Manage all functions of Production Accounting, including cost reporting, petty cash, vendor disbursements via Accounts Payable, Purchase Orders, Check Requests, P-cards, and Payroll
- Work closely with the Production/Studios Team to review budgets, Actuals, ETC, and EFC
- Ensure production expenses and production accruals are reflected on the P&L in SAP on a monthly basis
- Ensure all travel is processed through Disney Travel and recorded to the appropriate production
- Ensure Productions are adhering to the production accounting policies and procedures
- Liaise with FP&A team to provide data necessary for forecasting and corporate analysis
- Ad hoc financial analysis as needed
- Minimum 3 years of experience in television or feature film production accounting
- In depth understanding of motion picture industry accounting and financial practice
- Knowledge and experience with union/guild agreements
- Passionate about studio production with a keen interest in and aptitude for learning the business
- Ability to work independently, manage multiple projects simultaneously, demonstrate strong analytical skills, and work well under pressure
- Pragmatic and highly organized
- Attention to detail and follow through on assigned tasks to completion
- Customer-service oriented
- Proficiency with SmartAccounting/GV/EASE, Microsoft Office Suite, SAP, PSL3, and Movie Magic
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- B.A. or B.S. in Finance/Accounting
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.