Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 787637BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 04, 2021
The Senior Financial Analyst of this team will be responsible for various key functions that support the month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes including but not limited to revenue recognition, journal entries, revenue/deferred/inventory reconciliations, tax credit analysis and ad hoc requests by management. This role will also work closely with other internal Disney divisions, including Corporate Controllership, Media divisions, FP&A, SOX and distribution teams.
- Prepare monthly/quarterly journal entries – Deferred Revenue adjustments, tax credit receivables, Lego Block reclasses and adjusting entries, overhead allocations, Inventory adjustments
- Prepare the monthly divisional and consolidated P&L financial statements
- Assist in the preparation of balance sheet flux analysis
- Prepare monthly reconciliations – deferred, unbilled, cash, etc., along with researching reconciling items
- Compile financial information for external auditors, SOX audits and tax packages
- Assist with testing of system integration of general ledgers, front of house systems, projects management
- Process documentation; prepare reconciliations for system integration project related
- Handle various ad hoc projects and requests as needed
- 3 to 5 years relevant accounting experience, preferred
- Strong Excel skills with ability to extract data, use pivot tables and leverage macros
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Work independently to solve complex problems
- Positive “can do” attitude
- Knowledge of SAP general ledger and projects functionality desired
- Knowledge of Hyperion
- Strong interest in TV business
- CPA, preferred
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree
Accounting, Finance or related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.