Senior Lead, Theatre OperationsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 744464BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business El Capitan Theatre Date posted Feb. 11, 2020
The Walt Disney Studios encompasses the creation, production, promotion, sales, acquisition and domestic and international distribution of live-action and animated motion pictures, home entertainment releases, live stage plays, and music and soundtrack recordings.
Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures Marketing is the global marketing arm of The Walt Disney Studios. Our business is responsible for the creative advertising, research, media, publicity and promotion of every movie released theatrically by the Walt Disney Studios – Disney Live Action, Marvel, Lucasfilm, Disney Animation, Pixar, Disneynature, 20thCentury Fox, and Blue Sky Studios. And we’re now excited to add to our portfolio, support of our new streaming service, Disney+.
Disney’s historic El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood offers guests a unique movie going experience unlike no other. As a Senior Lead, Theater Operations you will play a pivotal role in our delivery of truly magical experiences to our patrons. You will be directly responsible for all aspects of movie theater operations, including box office, guest services, concessions, ushers, guest control and wardrobe. You will play a pivotal role in the recruitment, development, and management of our Cast Members - staffing, training and coaching team members--enabling us to deliver superior guest experiences.
- Manage a team of Sr. Leads, Shift Leads Theatre Hosts, Concessions Hosts, and Guest Control/Box Office cast members
- Develop regularly weekly schedule to properly staff the theatre
- Ensure that standards of excellence are maintained in every aspect of our operations and throughout the guest experience
- Be an active and attentive leader on the floor of the theatre, paying attention to guest needs, and connecting with both guests and Cast Members by being welcoming, respectful, empathetic, passionate, and social.
- Constantly seek ways to optimize operations and labor resource management - both in the moment and going forward with thoughtful strategy and planning.
- Ensure the quality of the guest environment including overall theater cleanliness and maintenance and repair; as well as Cast Member physical appearance and demeanor.
- Supports overall recruitment activities and acts as a liaison between on-site operations
- Seek out, understand, and adopt wherever possible best movie theater and customer service industry practices
- Be a role model of The Walt Disney Company’s values: excellence, creativity, innovation, and integrity
- Ability to embrace, support, interact with, and thrive in a collaborative team environment comprised of theater operations, marketing and sales, financial accounting, and special events.
- Ability to influence and be an agent for change
- Creative thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills—must relate well to others at all levels of an organization
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Follow-through skills
- Positive attitude with the ability to serve as a role model for performance excellence
- Proven self-starter who continually pursues learning opportunities
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities
- Passionate about fostering a culture that provides the greatest guest experience
- Availability to work nights, weekends, special events, and all recognized holiday periods
- Ability to learn quickly and exercise sound judgment independently
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Walking, kneeling, crouching, stooping, bending, climbing stairs, squatting and the ability to be on your feet for up to 3 hours at a time.
- Reaching, pushing, pulling, grasping, lifting (overhead and waist level), gripping, and occasionally lifting up to 35 pounds.
- Office skills including keyboarding, use of phone and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Hands-on experience with theater ticketing systems such as VISTA and retail point-of-sale systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced, customer facing environment where multi-tasking and an ability to prioritize are required
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills
- Previous experience in managing a diverse team, including hiring, onboarding, training and performance management
- Previous experience in entertainment operations / hospitality / retail in a supervisory role is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Cinema/Television or related field
About El Capitan Theatre:
The legendary El Capitan Theatre raised its curtains on May 3, 1926, as “Hollywood's First Home of Spoken Drama.” Restored to its original grandeur and outfitted with the most advanced cinematic technology available, this 1,000-seat venue on Hollywood Boulevard showcases first-run and special engagement movies from Disney, Pixar, Marvel and Lucasfilm, in addition to hosting prop and costume exhibits, live entertainment, world premieres and other events. Thanks to our team of creative, talented professionals, the El Capitan delivers a world-class family entertainment experience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Theaters, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call El Capitan Theatre.
Buena Vista Theaters, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.