Senior Manager, Business Affairs (FX Networks)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 961524BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business FX Networks Date posted Apr. 13, 2022
- Negotiate and draft development deals for writers/directors/producers and test option agreements for actors
- Manage several projects in active development and production by coordinating with department executives regarding budgets, clearances, calendars, and approvals
- Draft guild deal memos (DGA & WGA) and Clip Licenses
- Prepare legal documents and redlines, including certificates of authorship, certificates of engagement and separation of rights agreements; respond to comments from third parties
- Analyze contracts in response to business questions and provide necessary contractual/research information to FX executives.
- Maintain and administer department records and lists of deals, coordinating with Contract Administration
- Minimum of 1+ years prior experience required at a studio, production company or entertainment law firm having gained hand-on familiarity with the structure of television and intellectual property deals. Experience in a business & legal affairs department preferred
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to maintain discretion and professionalism with senior leaders
- Must have strong reasoning skills and be solutions-oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Adobe Acrobat and Salesforce experience preferred
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle a high volume of tasks with set deadlines
- Must have excellent organizational and tracking skills
- Must be client-service oriented
- JD degree and active member of CA bar.
About FX Networks:
FX, a division of Disney General Entertainment, is a multiplatform brand that develops, produces, commissions and markets original programming for Hulu and the FX and FXX linear channels in the U.S., and Star+ in Latin America and Disney+ in all other international territories. The FX brand mark appears above the title across its entire slate of originals. Over the past two decades, FX has been responsible for some the most-critically acclaimed and award-winning shows on television. Some of the brand’s current and legacy titles include the dramas American Horror Story, American Crime Story, The Americans, Damages, Fargo, Justified, Nip/Tuck, Pose, Rescue Me, The Shield and Sons of Anarchy; the comedies Archer, Atlanta, Better Things, DAVE, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia, Reservation Dogs and What We Do in the Shadows; and a growing slate of docuseries and documentary films.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call FX Networks.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.