Senior Manager, Business Affairs (FX Networks)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10008066 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ABC Date posted Aug. 09, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The FX Business Affairs team is seeking a Senior Manager-level attorney to negotiate and draft various above-the-line contracts, guild deal memos, and clip licenses for FX and FXX.
- Negotiate and draft development deals for writers/directors/producers and test option agreements for actors
- Manage several projects in active development and production by coordinating with department executives regarding budgets, clearances, calendars, and approvals
- Draft guild deal memos (DGA & WGA) and Clip Licenses
- Prepare legal documents and redlines, including certificates of authorship, certificates of engagement and separation of rights agreements; respond to comments from third parties
- Analyze contracts in response to business questions and provide necessary contractual/research information to FX executives.
- Maintain and administer department records and lists of deals, coordinating with Contract Administration
- Minimum of 1+ years prior experience required at a studio, production company or entertainment law firm having gained hand-on familiarity with the structure of television and intellectual property deals. Experience in a business & legal affairs department preferred
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to maintain discretion and professionalism with senior leaders
- Must have strong reasoning skills and be solutions-oriented
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Adobe Acrobat and Salesforce experience preferred
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to independently prioritize work and handle a high volume of tasks with set deadlines
- Must have excellent organizational and tracking skills
- Must be client-service oriented
- JD degree and active member of CA bar.
The Disney General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with FX Networks, LLC PAY SVC, which is part of a business we call ABC.
FX Networks, LLC PAY SVC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.