Senior Paralegal (20th Production)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 7112016720220206 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 01, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
Are you a self-starter with the ability to handle multiple, high priority tasks? Are you known for keeping your cool under pressure? Would you thrive in a role supporting a team of legal professionals in a fast-paced studio environment? If you’re nodding your head, then a Senior Paralegal position within Disney Television Studios at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
You’d be a key member of a dynamic team that creates original, engaging content for a variety of platforms, including network, cable and subscription video-on-demand, and you would work with some of the most creative, intelligent people in the business. Join us – apply today!
You would assist with drafting various types of production agreements, prepare and maintain charts for various projects throughout the year, research issues for ad hoc intellectual property and production requests and prepare research memoranda, develop and update standard forms & templates, draft and file necessary paperwork regarding tax credits for international productions and update spreadsheets and databases. Maintain all administrative duties with strong knowledge of legal processes and procedures. Work closely with studio attorneys.
Responsibilities :On any given day you might:
- Review and comment upon facility agreements;
- Assist with court confirmation process for minors who appear onscreen;
- Assist with option tracking for talent deals, book rights and other source materials;
- Prepare nudity/simulated sex riders;
- Update templates and standard terms and conditions for a variety of above-the-line agreements;
- Draft technical consultant agreements and feature release agreements;
- Work under the supervision of attorneys on day –to –day production matters on current series;
- Review of chain of title and underlying source materials (e.g., scripts, prior films/television series, and books) in connection with development projects;
- Conduct research, proof read existing work, and prepare regular reports and summaries;
- Interface directly with other executives and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job; and
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company.
Basic Qualifications :Here’s what you will need to be successful in this role:
- At least 5 years of experience in a Paralegal or similar role at a studio, network or law firm;
- Sharp written and verbal communication skills;
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail;
- Desire to immerse yourself fully and learn all aspects of the studio business;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables;
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs (including Excel, Outlook and Word);
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information;
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked;
- A highly professional demeanor, good judgement, a positive outlook and a can-do attitude.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience working in television production.
Required Education :
- BA degree and paralegal certificate from an ABA-approved program
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.