Senior Product Manager (Accounting & Finance)Apply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 10007513 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 26, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Content Platforms’ Content Monetization Team is looking for a Product Manager to support the day-to-day activities of the Product Lifecycle. This individual will have the opportunity be a part of the team that will define and launch products in support of the monetization of The Walt Disney Company’s amazing content, including: Direct-to-Consumer (Disney+, Hulu, etc.) and Content Sales (licensing content to distribution partners). This area includes, but is not limited to the products that enable billing & invoicing, talent payments, revenue recognition, content amortization, recording sub-ledger, and posting to the general ledger SAP.
As the Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to dive deep into the business capabilities and learn the Disney processes. Your responsibilities include gathering & prioritizing business requirements and translating that into product specifications. Working in a cross-functional team environment with design, engineering, infrastructure, and QA, you will help reimagine the product for the future business of The Walt Disney Company, with focus in maximizing automation, driving operational improvements, and support the acceleration of our Direct-to-Consumer business.
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Collaborate with business partners and cross-functional teams to identify and clearly define business requirements
- Align business partners and cross-functional teams on product vision and strategy
- Exhibit natural and intuitive user empathy
- Can clearly articulate product strategy and manage business partners expectations accordingly
- Make thoughtful, well documented assumptions
- Assist in process alignment and standardization
- Own product management for a distinct Product/Platform in Content Sales and Content Costs accounting domain
- Support definition of Product Strategy in Content Sales & Content Costs accounting core capabilities (i.e. linear & performance/subscriber base deals, billing schedule, invoicing, payments, revenue recognition, amortization, recording sub-ledger, posting to the general ledger SAP, and business intelligence/reporting)
- Define and align Product Roadmaps, clearly communicating the connection between vision, strategy, objectives, and roadmap
- Own definition of cost/benefit analysis and prepare lean business case
- Derive realistic product targets / KPIs (with help for complex products)
- Active use of product frameworks and tools to document information in a structured way (user journey maps, flow, information architecture, etc.)
- Lead business partner engagements to analyze the value proposition of business requests and provide alternative solutions, as needed to ensure we stay consistently focused on the product strategy
- Manage maintenance and prioritization of product backlog, ensuring transparent, well aligned & justified prioritization within your area of responsibility
- Guide team through selecting, crafting, and validating effective solutions for problems (with help for complex problems)
- Slice solutions to a viable minimum product that effectively solve prioritized requirements
- Key participant of daily scrum meetings, planning, reviews, and retrospectives
- Lead Retrospectives, as needed
- Define User Acceptance Test (UAT) Scripts development
- Own User Acceptance Testing (UAT), working in collaboration with Operations & Change Management
- Coordinate major product releases
- Own system processes, user guides, and training materials on product features where needed
- Collaborate, partner and coordinate with cross-functional teams (engineering, design, QA, and product leadership) to streamline product features and enhance business processes
- Partner with engineering and program managers to implement solutions aligned with the product strategy and Content Platforms strategic objectives
- Mentor junior product managers
- Support any other activities / duties to help achieve business objectives
Required Education, Experience/Skills/Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related fields, such as Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar field
- 5+ year of product management experience, preferably in digital/mobile environment
- Demonstrate strong product understanding and platform familiarity
- Self-starter and can work independently under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate strong presentation and ability to clearly communicate goals, status, and issues
- Demonstrate strong technical writing skills
- Demonstrate ability to derive actionable insights or alternative solutions through research
- Demonstrate ability to craft and validate problems
- Efficiently support experimentation execution and analysis, such as proof of concepts
- Demonstrate ability to define Product Roadmaps
- Demonstrate understanding of business modeling and analysis vis structured cost/benefit analysis
- Demonstrate understanding and ability to write and prioritize user stories
- Demonstrate ability to adjust and pivot as business strategy and product priorities shifts
- Experienced in leading and/or facilitating business workshops
- Exhibits a clear understanding of development process, methodologies, and tools
- Can provide informal guidance to junior team members
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in product management for financial/accounting capabilities
- Exhibits appreciation and experience in incorporating data science and analytics in holistic product solutions
- Strong understanding of financial systems, processes, and enhancements
- Established expertise in financial operations, financial controls, financial reporting, and financial systems
- Understanding of general ledger, hierarchies, and data structures
- MBA or Masters in related technical field preferred
- Exposure or experience with Agile development tools, such as Jira and Confluence
- Prior work experience in financial/accounting in content exploitation
- Knowledge of or experience in media & entertainment industry
- Enthusiasm and interests in Disney brands
- Understanding of media production workflows, digital video workflows, or consumer-facing video product features
- Experience with SOX compliant applications
- Experience in supporting financial quarterly close
Accounting qualification interfacing with ERP or SAP
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.