Senior Software Engineer
Bristol, CT - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID 764532BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Aug. 12, 2020
Job Summary:The Fantasy frontend team builds web and mobile clients for Disney’s wide range of Fantasy Game offerings including ESPN Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, Tournament Challenge, and more. These games serve millions of fans each year across on many different devices.
This position will build and support new user-facing features of Fantasy Game products, specifically enhancing our FIRE platform.They will use modern web technologies such as React to deliver engaging, scalable and performant solutions that compel fans.These features will be consumed by millions of users across web and mobile platforms.
We are looking for someone who…
- Is passionate about web development and related technologies.
- Has the curiosity to research and learn new technologies and skills.
- Takes initiative to implement improvements that make code cleaner and more reusable.
- Is attentive to details and builds interfaces accurately according to specifications.
- Employs positive thinking and is able to work constructively in a team setting.
- Loves sports and wants to build the best experiences on the web.
- Architect and develop core site functionality using ES6 and React
- Prototype new features and research applicable technologies
- Implement best practices to continually increase performance and scalability
- Work with product and project management to refine specs and timelines
- Partner with other engineering teams to deliver best solutions
- Mentor and provide feedback to junior engineers
- Review code and pull requests to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Proven understanding of front-end web development technologies and principles
- Experience with task automation (Grunt, Gulp, WebPack) and CSS Preprocessors (Less, Sass)
- Demonstrated ability to research and learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Driven and self motivated
- Minimum 4 years relevant industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field required, or equivalent training and/or work experience.
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.