Senior Writer/Producer Promos (Walt Disney Television)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 765956BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Walt Disney Television Date posted Sep. 21, 2020
The Sr. Writer Producer Kimmel is responsible for working with strategy and creative teams in developing and creating all video assets to promote Kimmel including nightly episodics (Mon – Thurs), generic spots, targeted spot, sizzle reels, brand campaigns, shoot spots.
The Sr. Writer Producer deeply engages with show team and program executive on weekly calls to align on priorities, messaging, guests, etc. Ideally this role integrates with Kimmel show staff who oversee Kimmel social media accounts to further refine marketing messages/asset on the social accounts.
- Write and produce short form/promo content for broadcast
- Utilize writing skills and present multiple concepts for each assignment
- Stay ahead of the curve on current industry trends and competitive scheduling and creative
- Pitch ideas or campaigns and participate in brainstorming meetings
- Work with research and marketing to understand target demos
- Communicate concepts to graphics designers, composers, storyboard artists, etc. and supervise execution
- Responsible for leading and executing ideas and concepts that are relevant, innovative and push the envelope
- Shoot and Direct talent on location
- Consistently produce work that meets and exceeds objectives
- Serve as a creative problem solver on network schedule changes and last minute communications
- Minimum 8+ years of experience writing and producing spots for a broadcast or cable television network, a movie trailer house or an ad agency.
- Working knowledge of editing systems and workflows
- Experience supervising editing sessions and directing the editor
- Ability to effectively direct voiceover talent
- Ability to creatively problem solve
- MUST be able to work on multiple projects at once
- MUST be able to work under pressure, to tight deadlines and manage own time
- Have excellent time management skills
- Has an understanding of marketing concepts and brand management
- Understands the target demo and how to speak to them
- Understands all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
- Demonstrates excellent people skills
- Demonstrates strong work ethic
- Ability to develop credibility and strong working relationships in a complex organization
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree in Visual Arts or advertising
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.