Social Media ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 972739BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business ESPN Date posted May 12, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
ESPN Social is looking for a Manager who will lead a group of social specialists and flex their own ideas and skills to develop and distribute content across ESPN-branded accounts on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook. An ideal candidate will have strong experience creating social content, managing people in a fast-paced environment and leading successful cross-platform projects from start to finish.
This is a Night role, with hours of 2pm PST - 10pm PST. It will include a day in a weekend.
This position is based in CA.
- Creates and oversees content (visual, video, text) that is optimized for social platforms, specifically Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Facebook. It will focus on NBA content but will include other sports.
- Collaborates with internal and external partners to make social content compelling for both fans and advertisers
- Manages a team posting across multiple social media accounts & platforms during live sports window
- Delegates work to select peers and designers
- Edits and approves social posts for journalistic accuracy, audience relevance, and tone, including real-time decision-making at various stages of content development
- Maintains commanding knowledge of the latest social media trends and best practices
- Analyzes performance of social content and incorporate insights into future content decisions
- Regularly works nights and weekends during the live sports window, along with occasional opportunities for on-site game coverage
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in Social Media, Marketing, or a related field
- Minimum of 1 year of experience managing one or more employees
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Effective communicator and partner to all relevant stakeholders in the business
- Advanced knowledge of current sports, including teams, players, storylines, and forward-facing media personnel
- Skilled in social media comprehension and execution across TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Possess excellent news judgement and verbal/written communication skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using video editing software (e.g. Final Cut, Premiere)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience using photo editing software (e.g. Photoshop, InDesign)
- Experience leading a team through coordinated events, meetings and tight deadlines
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Sports minded and has a passion for the industry as a whole
- Proven track record of launching successful social media engagement campaigns
- Experience managing, analyzing, and communicating KPI’s and results upward and downward in an organization
- Knowledge of industry trends and stays up to date on the latest technological advancements relevant to the business
- Commanding knowledge of journalistic standards
- Appreciation and understanding of popular culture that contributes to an understanding of the tastes of ESPN’s social media followers
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business we call ESPN.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.