Los Angeles, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 777443BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Apr. 02, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Streaming Services engineering team is seeking a Software Engineer to join our Subscription and Billing team. The team is responsible for maintaining Disney Streaming Services product catalog, offering promotions and discounts, providing capability for subscribers to manage their subscriptions the way they want, controlling content and feature access based on subscription status and processing the recurring billing cycles for millions of subscribers daily – all while managing scalability and reliability of our homegrown systems.
- Work closely with product and engineering leadership to spec-out, design and implement solutions for our stakeholders.
- Write, test and release elegant software systems that are robust, scalable, and production ready using the latest technologies
- Demonstrate engineering excellence by developing high performance software, while following an agile development methodology.
- Use a mix of technologies including: Scala, Python, Java, Kafka, Postgres, Redis
- Support and mentor less experienced team mates and lead by being an example.
- 3+ years of relevant software engineering experience
- 2+ years of programming with at least one of the following languages: Java, Scala or Python
- Experience with Agile and Scaled Agile methodologies
- Quality-first mindset with focus on test automation and CI/CD
- Strong desire for establishing and improving product quality
- The ability to jump into a project and contribute immediately to both implementation and architecture
- A desire to ship good user experiences that will keep our quality bar high.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent work experience
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.