Sr Editor Combat SportsApply NowApply Later Job ID 858075BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States; Bristol, Connecticut, United States Business ESPN and Sports Content Date posted Sep. 13, 2021
- Direct a staff of editors and reporters in a highly competitive, rapidly changing environment.
- Work with other editors to create differentiating storytelling and event coverage in boxing, MMA and professional wrestling.
- Develop comprehensive coverage that includes video, audio, text and interactivity, and partnership with all appropriate ESPN properties.
- Recruit, hire and develop talented employees who are innovative storytellers that contribute to all of ESPN’s platforms.
- Coordinate staffing assignments, editorial resources and process.
- Collaborate with design, product and technology managers on presentation and site enhancements.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends, technology and best practices in editing and how our readers consume our content.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge in latest trends and best practices for visual storytelling.
- Maintain proficiency and knowledge for SEO.
- Ensure all content meets established tone, theme, accuracy, style and consistency requirements.
- Work with Sales to develop content with sponsorship potential.
- Identify opportunities for strategic growth in both revenue and traffic metrics.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in editorial and content creation, including at least two years in people management.
- Understanding and appreciation of news, story play and trending topics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and news judgment.
- Basic knowledge of boxing, MMA and other combat sports.
- Appreciation of popular culture and an understanding of the tastes of ESPN's audiences.
- Experience working in a fast-paced newsroom and turning around stories on deadline.
- Deep knowledge of boxing, MMA and other combat sports.
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field.
About ESPN and Sports Content:
The ESPN and Sports Content group acquires and produces ESPN’s live sports programming, as well as sports news and original and non-scripted sports-related content, for The Walt Disney Company’s cable channels, ESPN+, and ABC.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Productions, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call ESPN and Sports Content.
ESPN Productions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.