Sr. Manager, HRBPApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7114862720220306 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 29, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
In this role, the Senior Manager, HR Business Partner will execute on human resources strategies and tactics to support the needs of the Disney Streaming Services growing business team. Reporting to the Director, HRBP, the Sr. Manager will support the Product, UX & Design organization and lead and facilitate lead and facilitate HR programs and strategies through collaboration with the clients, HR specialty groups, and other key business stakeholders. The ideal candidate will serve as on the ground and strategic HR support to business leaders on all matters relating to talent, including organizational and leader effectiveness, organizational design, headcount management and support, learning needs/opportunities and conflict resolution.
How You’ll Bring the Magic to Life:
- Leverage partnerships and business acumen to enable the creation and implementation of strategies in alignment with business priorities and goals
- Immerse yourself in the organization to build productive relationships with internal stakeholders and clients on all levels
- Foster leadership success as a proactive thought partner anticipating the business cycles and serving as a consultant during periods of change management
- Leverage business data, metrics and external market insights to inform decisions
- Implement employee engagement strategies to foster an environment based on respect and values
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to talent management by assessing organizational performance systemically, defining talent gaps and proposing solutions in support of business objectives
- Coach and consult on organizational design and management issues, as well as challenging and/or influencing decision-making processes
- Streamline and implement new, large-scale structures and/or processes to create speed, efficiency and agility within the organization
- Lead change management efforts around culture and process evolution
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development and retention
- Facilitate the consistent application, implementation and improvement of Human Resources programs
- Manage day-to-day employee relations issues, including escalation to Employee Relations partners
- Will manage 2 direct reports
What We’re Looking For:
- Possess 7+ years of human resources experience
- Undergraduate Degree
- Strong consultative skills and ability to influence
- Previous experience supporting Data Analytics or other Technology functions
- Ability to work independently and think strategically while navigating through complex matrix environments
- Credible, proactive and trusted thought-partner who has built relationships and delivered results
- Ability to thrive within ambiguity and drive complex projects
- Change Champion
- A personal affinity to the Disney brand
- Someone who is flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Open, transparent communication and collaboration styles
- Inclusive indirect and direct management style
- A motivator who likes to have fun
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.