Sr Paralegal - LitigationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 715323BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 19, 2019
The Walt Disney Company is a diversified, international family entertainment and media organization whose operations include theme parks and resorts, filmed entertainment including motion pictures and television shows, home video products, records, consumer products, a cruise line, radio and television stations, broadcast and cable networks, Internet offerings and publishing activities.
We are seeking a Senior Paralegal to join the Corporate Legal litigation and employment group in Century City, California. This position assists in-house and outside attorneys with all facets of case preparation in a variety of litigation matters including, intellectual property, employment, personal injury, and other business matters.
- Interviewing and fact-gathering for discovery responses and case development
- Reviewing documents using an electronic discovery database
- Preparing reports for responses to claims, demand letters, and litigation requests
- Reviewing pleadings, discovery responses, and other litigation documents
- Assisting with witness interviews and depositions
- Assisting with responding to subpoenas
- Coordinating and handling small claims matters and wage claims
- Reviewing and responding to unsolicited idea submissions
- The position requires experience in document collection and electronic discovery, fact-finding and reporting, and case management. Candidates must demonstrate excellent judgment and be organized and detail-oriented, with a strong ability to analyze and communicate effectively.
- Candidates must have a minimum seven years’ of litigation experience in a reputable law firm or major in-house legal department and a paralegal certificate or equivalent. Case management and previous in-house experience is preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.Apply Now Apply Later