Sr Software EngineerApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7122638620220515 Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The Content Platforms Engineering team is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer that will drive the design and implementation of solutions in the digital media supply chain with a team of software engineers and help solve complex problems within the realm of fulfilling, packaging, and delivering assets and metadata to all our internal and external partners. As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be expected to develop backend and full-stack solutions in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment using your technical skill sets, working with product managers and team leads to deliver high-quality products that are scalable and robust. You will be expected to work closely on solutions with peers in a cross-functional environment to ensure we are delivering high-quality products that align to the larger business initiatives within the digital media supply chain that support Disney’s TV, broadcast, theatrical, and direct-to-consumer lines of business.
- Provide technical guidance and evangelize best practices
- Maintain a deep understanding of our digital media supply chain and how it interacts with upstream and downstream dependencies
- Own software programs and multiple components, reviewing code for the design, testability and clear usability
- Influence and drive engineering best practices, working with engineers to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Responsible for fundamental platform performance, scalability, and resiliency
- Contribute to cross-functional troubleshooting of complex issues as needed
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- 3 years of experience with cloud providers like AWS or other cloud technologies
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of video, audio, and subtitle formats, codecs, wrappers, and usages
- Knowledge of media standards and specifications such as MovieLabs MDDF and SMPTE
- Experience with NoSQL database such as MongoDB and DynamoDB
- Experience with relational database such as MySQL and Postgres
- Experience with multithreading, data structures and design patterns
- Experience with web service integration such as REST and SOAP
- Experience with data format such as JSON and XML
- Experience with React, Docker, Bootstrap and AngularJS
- Experience with serverless architecture and applications
- Experience with developing tools towards scalable enterprise automated workflows
- Experience with implementing and supporting high volume web systems or large transactional systems in a highly distributed environment
- Experience with writing and presenting materials, including wireframes, technical diagrams, and flowcharts
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile environment
- Experience implementing unit testing
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.