Sr. Software EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10026906 Location Los Angeles, California, United States / West Hollywood, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 16, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
Ever wonder how the innovative storytelling from the world’s most beloved brands – Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, ESPN, 20th Century, National Geographic, FX, Freeform, Disney Channels, ABC, and more -- makes it to viewers around the globe and beyond (yes, we also deliver content to the International Space Station)? Come join our growing team that builds global products, platforms and tools that deliver and monetize our company's unmatched collection of content, power our businesses and reflect the company's innovative spirit.
We are the Content Platforms team with a mission to “reimagine the technical ecosystem that empowers The Walt Disney Company to harness its unparalleled storytelling and distribute it around the world.” Content Platforms is part of the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment which is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+, the Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; global advertising sales and ad technology for all of Disney’s media properties, including ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic and the Disney Channels; Hotstar, the leading over-the-top streaming service in India; and the Company’s majority ownership stake in Hulu.
- Enjoy working with teams of talented and passionate people
- Have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity and interests in how content goes from inception to consumers
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Enjoy transforming business strategy into innovative products & platforms
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
- Find Media & Entertainment industry fascinating
then Content Platforms team is the place for you. We are growing and investing in innovative technology to deliver a state-of-the-art content pipeline. Come be a part of the magic that makes The Walt Disney Company one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies”.
The Content Platforms team is looking for a senior software engineer to help build the digital products that provide partners a white glove experience accessing the archive of the Disney content vault
Responsibilities and Duties of the Role:
- Provide technical guidance and evangelize best practices.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our core systems and how they interact with upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Contribute and review code, set standards, and work with engineers to ensure product and design specifications are met
- Responsible for fundamental platform performance, scalability, and resiliency
- Partner with stakeholders to refine requirements, and propose solutions to problems that span multiple teams
- Contribute to cross-functional troubleshooting of complex issues as needed
- Any other duties needed to help achieve Business Objectives
- Strong understanding of async programming models (events, callbacks, etc.)
- Demonstrated proficiency designing APIs and building RESTful services
- Extensive experience in Java, Kotlin, and multiple opensource technologies like; Spring, Tomcat, Nginx, Elastic Search, MongoDB, GraphQL, React, etc.
- Knowledgeable in cloud-based technologies such as AWS EC2, SQS, S3, Lambdas, DynamoDB, Cloudformation/Terraform, and Fargate.
- Expertise with full lifecycle of application development, including best practices of unit testing, code reviews, documentation, etc.
- Experience with build and deployment technologies such as Jenkins, Gitlab Runners, and Docker
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies. Can effectively articulate complex ideas and influence others through well-reasoned explanations
- Enjoy working within a team setting of engineers of varying experience
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- 5+ years relevant industry experience
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
Additional desired qualifications
- Previous work experience in media distribution
- Experience working with vendor teams to deliver high quality results
- Knowledge of performance testing and application profiling
- Strong curiosity about how Disney delivers the Magic and a desire to be a part of it
The hiring range for this remote position is $143,800.00 to $199,900.00 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.