Sr. Technical Program Manager, Ad Platform
Los Angeles, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 810051BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States; Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jun. 15, 2021
Job Summary:Business Operations is responsible for global program and project management, capital and portfolio management, resource prioritization, tracking and communication of performance, administrative services, AOP & LRP Planning, Space Management, and other key functions critical to the operation of Disney Media and Entertainment (DMED) Technology division.
This role falls within DMED Technology’s Ad Platforms org which is responsible for delivering global adverting technology solutions for The Walt Disney Company’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Technology’s Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising technology.
We are seeking a Sr. Technical Program Manager to join our team who will drive exceptional delivery on projects and programs in Advertising Technology. This candidate is skilled at the art of bringing a diverse set of team members and stakeholders together to determine scope, plan out the work needed and keep everyone marching to the beat of the same drum. This person has a proven track record of successfully collaborating with Product and Engineering teams to establish a strategy and deliver complex technical projects and programs.
The right person for this role will be a balance of ambassador, detective and motivator with the ability to work with business and technical teams to organize and plan the work involved, monitor and communicate progress and pro-actively manage risks, issues and dependencies.
Organizing and planning comes instinctively. This person is working in partnership with product and engineering to clear obstacles, drive progress and make sure everyone is clearly informed on status and the critical path. This person is a strong communicator, comfortable interacting with engineering teams as well as executive leadership. This candidate enjoys digging into the technical details and knows how to build strong relationships while holding teams accountable for delivery. They lead programs with vision, plan with foresight and execute with precision, handling the inevitable changes of a program lifecycle with patience and positivity.
If you are someone who can do this, enjoys working at a fast pace, and brings a passion for building the future of advertising technology, this is a great
Responsibilities:As a Sr. Technical Program Manager
- You will drive execution and delivery of extraordinarily high-profile technical, product or software development projects from start to finish
- You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to define program scope, functional requirements, team deliverables, dependencies, time frames, and risks for the project or program
- You will at times, manage projects involving third party vendors, driving scope and timeline for vendor deliverables
- You will distill business and product requirements into actionable, detailed specifications for the team members
- You will create complete project and deployment plans for end-to-end delivery with appropriate documentation.
- You will provide guidance for end to end testing and the triage of bug defects
- You will partner with business and technical teams to quickly and efficiently launch new features and enhancements using an agile approach
- You will continuously monitor and report on program execution to the teams, program leadership, executive management, and external stakeholders
- You will forecast, manage and pro-actively escalate and mitigate risks and issues
- You will build strong relationships across engineering, product and stakeholder teams
- You will interact and build consensus with a diverse set of technical and non-technical stakeholders
Basic Qualifications:Specific Knowledge / Skills:
- 8 or more years of progressively complex related program/project management experience in a technical setting
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Solid understanding of software development model including Agile/Scrum, Waterfall, Kanban methodologies
- Expert knowledge and experience with the software development life cycle; experience in advertising platforms or media preferred
- Working knowledge of program management, analysis and reporting tools, JIRA/Confluence
- Superior communication skills, written and verbal, across all levels of internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects or programs
- Experience driving projects or programs in Advertising or Media strongly preferred.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.