Stagecraft Media Systems Engineer (Project Hire) Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, CA - USApply NowApply Later
Job ID oFMBdfwZ Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Industrial Light & Magic Date posted Oct. 14, 2020
ILM is looking for a seasoned Media Systems Engineer to assist with the installation and deployment of our exciting Stagecraft LED volume technology. We’re seeking a well-rounded engineer who has experience building post-production machine rooms or near set installations. The ideal candidate should thrive in problem-solving situations with a can-do attitude and have working experience with third party vendors.
You’d be joining a seasoned group that collaborates to deploy and support a broad set of real time technologies that are critical in the physical and post-production workflows that bring our films, TV and animated series to life.
The primary duty would be to help install, troubleshoot and commission large LED volumes that display real time video for shooting in-camera backgrounds and effects.
What you’ll do
- Supervise and install servers and video equipment racks located in on-set machine rooms
- Assist with the wiring and cable management for the machine room, external video and control equipment
- Configure and test various video equipment including SDI and HDMI video switchers, video conversion equipment and video monitoring / test gear
- Configure and deploy computer extension KVM systems
- Install and deploy rack mounted Linux servers used to generate video signals
- Understand and use wiring and block diagrams for equipment installation
- Deploy and configure audio comms systems
- Troubleshoot video and control signal flow issues
- Help with the installation and deployment of motion capture camera equipment
- Liaise with onsite installation vendors
What we’re looking for:
- 5-7 years installation and maintenance experience in a broadcast or post-production facility with complex audio/video and control systems
- Advanced understanding of video formats (SDI / HDMI) and signal flow principals
- Experience supporting real time video / audio production operations
- Up-to-Date knowledge and a passion for technology relating to media and post-production
- Solid understanding and practical experience of various video signals and file formats
- An understanding of basic network fundamentals
- Basic Linux, Windows and OSX system administration experience
- Experience installing and deploying fiber
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to identify and address technical issues without direct supervision, while also working effectively as part of a team
- Basic color theory experience
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical staff
- A Bachelor’s Degree BS in engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
This position is for an initial period of 3 months with the opportunity to extend to a full-time Media Systems Engineering position with ILM.
The full-time position would add global Stagecraft deployment and maintenance, assisting with architecting future Stagecraft sites and remote or on-site ILM studio maintenance and projects.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic. Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, colour, religion or belief, sex, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, disability or pregnancy or maternity. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
About Industrial Light & Magic:
Founded in 1975 by George Lucas, ILM is the leading effects facility in the world, serving the motion picture, commercial production, and attraction industries. ILM has created visual effects for over 325 feature films and has played a key role in seven of the top 10 worldwide box-office hits of all time and has contributed to 25 of the top 50. ILM has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most stunning images in the history of film. At the forefront of the digital revolution, the company continues to break new ground in visual effects, VR, AR, and Immersive Cinema.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Industrial Light & Magic.
Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.