Standards and Practices Manager- Nat Geo Mundo/Fox LifeApply NowApply Later Job ID 771721BR Location Los Angeles, California, United States Business Media Networks Date posted Jan. 08, 2021
This job requires Spanish language skills to assist with duties for Spanish-language networks and programming.
- Read, review and determine acceptability of all written programming materials. Issues notes for all content that may include excessive violence, unacceptable language, sexually explicit material, imitable behavior, commercial product placement and graphic visuals that might be upsetting to viewers.
- Screens and gives written approval on all rough cuts and final versions of scheduled programming.
- Assigns an appropriate V-Chip rating and/or advisory to the programs.
- Informs Programming, Production, and Network Operations of rating so that any outstanding issues can be resolved before air date.
- Maintains positive working relationship with all parties involved in creating and producing programming that is network acceptable.
- Screens rough cuts and final versions of direct response advertisements (Spanish language) to ensure that the ads are appropriate for air and meet all FTC and FDA guidelines. Assigns appropriate time slots in which the spots may air.
- Excellent verbal, written communication, organizational and interpersonal skills are required.
- Spanish-language proficiency (speaking, reading and writing) is required.
- Minimum of 3-5 years with Standards or Clearance experience is preferred.
- Experience within a corporate environment is strongly preferred.
- Computer proficiency required, including experience in PC environment and Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Must be a team player, and able to prioritize, work efficiently, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to handle a high volume of time-sensitive tasks in an expeditious and precise manner in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess ability to handle difficult situations or people interactions diplomatically.
- The nature of the work performed may require discussion of sensitive subjects including foul language, sexual scenes, etc. that appears in advertisements and programming submitted for review.
About Media Networks:
The Media Networks segment includes cable and broadcast television networks, television production and distribution operations, publishing, domestic television stations, digital businesses and radio networks and stations.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call Media Networks.
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.